GRAPHICS CARD OVERCLOCKING (Nvidia cards)

d3M0n

I just finished hard-modding my 7800GT cards - I used the pencil mod for memory and the 5K VR for the GPU - Results:

Pre-Mods (already had the 1.5v bios mod):

GPU Speed - 515 @ 1.5v

Mem Speed - 1200 @ 2.08v

3DMark06 - 6,563

Post Mods:

GPU Speed - 575 @ 1.65v

Mem Speed - 1250 @ 2.35v

3DMark06 - 6,907

I did not get much out of the pencil mod for memory - this may have to do with temps as I am only using ram sinks on my cards.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems kinda low for 7800GT in SLI. Nice scores though. The most I've been able to get on 3DMark06 with my single 7800GTX is 5160 through bios modding.

so 1 7800GTX = 5160, but

2 7800GT = 6563 ?

only a difference of 1400 pts. with 2 cards and not that much lower clocks!! I guess that 2nd card just isn't worth it after all...

I just finished hard-modding my 7800GT cards - I used the pencil mod for memory and the 5K VR for the GPU - Results:

Pre-Mods (already had the 1.5v bios mod):

GPU Speed - 515 @ 1.5v

Mem Speed - 1200 @ 2.08v

3DMark06 - 6,563

Post Mods:

GPU Speed - 575 @ 1.65v

Mem Speed - 1250 @ 2.35v

3DMark06 - 6,907

I did not get much out of the pencil mod - this may have to do with temps as I am only using ram sinks on my cards.

you have dual-core, he has single.... thats like 1,000 point difference right there....

btw, nice results! 575 on core! wow! what kind of temp u got? i might re-flash my bios to go 1.65 if its possible at all. i heard bios is restricted to max 1.5 regardless what u put in there.

1250 is good. i got 1220 max. 1225 will crash to desktop on games. core is on 510 now, on 525 it will artifacts heavily.... and i got the Silencer rev.3 :( very cool temp tho :)

Actually not a bad score for SLI 7800GT's - the highest for a single-core A64 processor is Like 7,000 and that is posted by some overclocking team from Sweden - my score is actually 4th highest. When I ran only one 7800GT, I had a 3DM06 of 3,500, so I've almost doubled the graphics performance.

Red, I don't think you can reach 1.65v through a bios mod - 1.5v is max. You have to do a "hard" mod to go higher by decreasing resistance to the GPU. Under load, my temps do not go above 48deg C with the DD WC blocks.

By the way, a new 165 Opty is waiting for me at home. :nod:

I will post 3DMark results if you guys are interested.

I moved this to the tutorials section for you d3mon, seems like a pretty good how-to.

Now if only people will search to find it.... :rolleyes:

Good job man. :)

Search? What is that?? :shake:

Using the search isn't as easy as it sounds... but at least its easier than browsing thru all the forum threads :)

Search? What is that?? :shake:

Using the search isn't as easy as it sounds... but at least its easier than browsing thru all the forum threads :)

Well at least its easy for US to find and post in other peoples threads I guess... :rolleyes:

I moved this to the tutorials section for you d3mon, seems like a pretty good how-to.

Now if only people will search to find it.... :rolleyes:

Good job man. :)

Thanks man... I didn't really know where to put it, but I figured if it was in the wrong place somebody would move it. I bet there are those that have already seen that are scratching their heads when they went to the mod section and didn't find it there anymore. :nod:

When I ran only one 7800GT, I had a 3DM06 of 3,500, so I've almost doubled the graphics performance.

eh? with what? Opties 146? thats low for such a massive overclock on the 7800GT...

my 7800GT @510/1220 + Venice 2.8 got about 4200 on 3Dm06........

This is my first attempt at a guide for overclocking so tell me what you guys think!! Any comments suggestions are certainly welcome!

d3M0n

I have to sit and give it a good read.. But from the first glance it looks very good!!

:nod: