Windows Xp Repair

Badams66

I heard it was possible to repair windows and restore anything that is missing that should be there! Does anyone know how to do this?

Im having problems with WinXP where pictures on the internet won't show up somtimes, my auto update cannot be enabled, i have no connections in my connections list but yet im on the internet right now... <_<

Ive done this several times myself. Works like a charm :) Anyway, put in the windows xp install disk, reboot your computer, then go through the options of installing windows xp except when you go to install theres an option to re-install or something like that, not quite sure havent done it in a while, but then it reinstalls windows and leaves all of your programs and everything installed. If my computer wasnt broken id go through it and try to help you out more but i cant right now. Im sure big red will know. Good luck!

other thing you can try is a roll back. IF you didn't disable it (some people do for some strange reason), go to help and support and choose to restore to a previous date. it should take care of most windows/registry/dll issues.

as far as dropping in your xp cd and starting over again... that's always been there, the only thing you may have in that is some programs that will need to be reinstalled (adobe is bad about this). other than that you can't hurt documents/music ect.

i did a repair about 6 times last night with my new mobo and all of my files are still there just had to reload some progs like my logitech keyboard software. but other then that all the files are there and work fine