computer boots slow..

my brother has the exact same motherboard as me. His computer boots way faster too. Him and I are overclocking at the same settings, except for ram. He also has the same type of harddrive that i do. WHy does his boot much faster than mine? He told me to post here if anyone knew some BIOS adjustment to fix this. It just spends alot of time in the windows loading screen with the flying bars. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

Well depends how much Ram oversaly if he has more will be faster but depends on what O/s you use if your bro has home and u have Profestional then Home will be faster as profestional is realy memory hungry mine nerly the same spec except i have a Venice 3000 not O/C yet but takes from turn on 27 sec to load to the desktop wid profestional so depends how much mem and the O/S??

What BIOS?

Which OS?

I can speculate that it is probably a driver problem. There is a possibility of a malware or spyware presense on your system. If you loaded the Nvidia Lan manager or if you have loaded the Ide drivers from Nvidia. Your sig is not including info that could help.

...is your brother older or younger than you?..

u gave me a good laugh hehe =)

OT: windows has some very weird behavior - it depends on what drivers/software/games etc u have installed (even in which order), what services r running (check msconfig) and so on...

Enz my man....here's the thing...if you wanted to get another video card to have more than two monitors to work with I understand why you wanted to buy the crappy x300se to save some money, but why the heck didn't you order a card from nvidiam like a geforce 6200 ?? at least both card would need only one driver rather than having ATI and Nvidia in the same system...

remove the x300se and see if the system boots up faster....

just out of curiosity....