SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes

Hi all. I've just joined because I have found this thread and would like to register the SLI related fault i am experiencing. I am experiencing stability issues since havng SLI set up. PC Crashes and screen goes black with monitor light on orange. I do not get any looping sound. This only occurs ingame. Both of my cards hav ebeen tested with hours of gameplay single setup without any problems, cpu and memory have been tested with memtest, superpi, prime95, and occt using the guide in the forums here. i can guarantee my system's stability to be 100% only when on single card set up.

i hope a fix is available soon as i miss the stability of single card set up however i wont miss the performance comparison compared to sli.

thank you

edit: so far it has occured in quake4, nfsmw, and 3dmark05. happens either within a few minutes or a couple of hours

I have just tried the 04/06 BIOS after ChinoZ32 reminded me :)

The BIOS DOES NOT FIX MY issues with SLI. In fact, it makes the board very unstable. The BIOS was registering the CPU Core temp at -86 and thus not running my CPU Fan headers. I had to use an alternate header just to boot into windows and revert back to the 11-02 BIOS. Good thing I noticed that my CPU fan was not spinning, otherwise I could have cooked my FX-57...

My advice to ChinoZ32 and anyone else, use the 11/02 BIOS if you have SLI, or if you want stability in general.

And a word to the DFI techs; this is now beyond a joke...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my computer stutters when i play fast paced games like need for speed underground 2 or most wanted after a couple of races but the cpu temp doesnt run higher than 50 degrees celcius.

i run sisoft sandra 2007 but the motherboard and cpu tests restart my comp also the hot cpu program crashes to desktop when it tests the L1 and L2 cache.

can it be a cpu problem can anyone please help.

where the hell do I go from here !!!!!!

11/02 is not compatiable with FX60 is this correct....when are they going to sort this out as I am totally chewed off

You can still use the 11/02 bios it just won't list it as an FX60, but it will work fine

Thanks for getting back, mate..

Well i've changed to 11/02 and It crashed in Minutes however trawling through the pages

Someone mentioned putting your RAM in slots 2 and 4, which I've done. I have re-enabled

SLI and also went back to 84.21 Driver package....I'll let you know how I get on...

P.S.

I am not happy with the response or Lack of it from DFI...This thread has been going for sometime now without anything more than Lip Service