2 leds

boomslangdfi

I have a problem in booting up out of the 4 red leds my system will stop with 2 leds ! And it won't boot into Windows? If I press the reset it will boot all the way. I am about ready to pitch this motherboard and get something that is not so fussy.

Sounds more like he passed the ram test @ 2Leds, wouldnt that mean video? If i am not mistaken, doesnt it go from 4 lit to none? If so Ram was detected. 4= System boot, 3= Cpu detected, 2=dram detected, 1=Vga detected. Please correct me if I am wrong

2 Leds would mean its having trouble detecting the vid card. 3 leds means trouble with the ram as I know it.

So when you turn on, the rig stops at 2 leds, and then when you restart it works fine??

DOes this happen all the time or occasionally? I started to have a problem like this after i flashed to 704 bios.. the system wouldnt boot, so i cleared cmos and it worked.. but i occasionally get hang ups at 4 leds, and when i restart it boots fine.. but happens occasionally..

DId you flash to a newer bios by any chance? whats the version you are using?

do you have the power plugged to the vid card.. just a thought..

2 Leds would mean its having trouble detecting the vid card. 3 leds means trouble with the ram as I know it.

So when you turn on, the rig stops at 2 leds, and then when you restart it works fine??

DOes this happen all the time or occasionally? I started to have a problem like this after i flashed to 704 bios.. the system wouldnt boot, so i cleared cmos and it worked.. but i occasionally get hang ups at 4 leds, and when i restart it boots fine.. but happens occasionally..

DId you flash to a newer bios by any chance? whats the version you are using?

do you have the power plugged to the vid card.. just a thought..

07/05/2005 I think, both cards are plugged in. I used the ISO CD I made to wipe out the hard drives I think it was called Kill Drives. and reinstalled xp pro again. I have to make a check on the video drivers if anything newer is out. this problem does happen all the time! Thank you for your help!

it happens to me too, its not the vid card, its the ram (i was having this problem while testing differente PCIE and PCI cards) the solution was to increase ram voltage. the strange thing about these problems (there are a lot), its that flashing the bios o clearing CMOS helps.. but about a wekk later they come back.. but the thing of the 2 light led is someting im working out the entire month, now they seem are completerly gone, upping the CPU voltage (using the special control) ram 2.8v, and running ram around 200 with the correct timings, try to put auto in most settings.

Please read my post on 2/27/2006 called "was 2 led's" , about the ram. I am thinking of getting different ram all together. At this point it don't matter any more I have spent about $3000.00 on this set up and I will spend more just to make it work! these boards are real touchy and there is no real tech support! What kina ram are you using? I will likely get this ram- http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ctCode=80097-54

It will work in this board I have as well as an Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe that if I have to will buy to try and correct this pesky problem! So read my post on the date above and let me know what you think of the question on the ram slots.

i read it before :), yeah, some similar problem i had. (if i put on ram y orange and ahother in yellow its not dual chanel and i wont post), uhmm, try the two sticks in the yellow slots, put all ram settings on auto, not optimized, auto. just to check if with loose timings it works, if not, try upping CPU voltage .25v (that helped me on my opteron 148) im talking about stock settings, not overcloking. mi ram is some ugly OCZ premier 2-5-3-3-7 2T. back in my abit nf7-s this ram had errors in memtest #5, upping the voltage to 2.8v helped, and it was stable for months, now in this DFI mobo, at 2.6v i dont have errors.. but reboot problems.

i did a lot of things, i forgot the details, but now, im running some loose timings. everything default, but Bypass max at 4 and Trc = 11 Trfc= 20 at 2.7v and.. CERO problems.

i recently flahsed to 704-2BTA, maybe this bios is good.

try that, i has to work, run memtest test 5, five min, and press ESC, if no error in memtest, and the reboot went succefull you are in the right track.

damn, this is driving me nuts some times too. just patience and time..