Flood?

Varry

All i hear is 'go watercooling' but i was wondering, did someone here ever had a nasty experience with watercooling? A leak? A flood? What were the consequences?

Let me know.

Greetz :blink:

I've seen it close to a dozen times. all but 2 of them were cuz some idiot bought the koolance kit at compusa and installed it wrong. the other 2 were due to moving them for a lan party and getting a little rough on them. every time it was a total loss.

I'm sure if you put them in right and handle them right it won't be a problem.

I read about a guy who's reservoir sprung a leak. Luckily for him, it was resting on the bottom of his case, and the water didn't make it to any of the components. He did, however, have a small puddle in the bottom of the case. :P

In my oppinion, he's crap lucky it wasn't a bigger leak. If he would have lost all his water it would not have mattered wether it reached his mobo or not, his processor would still be fried. (air does not work as a substitute for water ;) )

I read about a guy who's reservoir sprung a leak. Luckily for him, it was resting on the bottom of his case, and the water didn't make it to any of the components. He did, however, have a small puddle in the bottom of the case. :P

In my oppinion, he's crap lucky it wasn't a bigger leak. If he would have lost all his water it would not have mattered wether it reached his mobo or not, his processor would still be fried. (air does not work as a substitute for water ;) )

By any chance was it a resevoir for the Aphanix Iceberg w/c kit? I've heard those things have probs with their resevoirs.

but that water isn't distilled anymore. once it hits your block, the tubing, or even the little bit of air before it goes into your system it's no promise of it's purity.

your right it's no longer 100% pure, its still pretty close.

a water leak isn't anything you want to mess around with, but it is possible to have one and not ruin your computer