need help pls

Corp&#036e

ok i got amd 64 4400+ X2 cpu, DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX mobo, i am havin a problem with turning my comp on after i turn it off, i turn it off and when i go to turn it on, it turns on then shuts off before it starts into loading, i have to manually turn off all power to comp for a few sec then im able to turn comp on by pushin power button, it restarts fine just the power button thing, thought it might be power button itself so i swaped it out and thats not it, my power supply is http://www.pcdirect.com/product.asp?Sku=680WCHIEF%2D24P i called dfi and they said it was power supply, and i need 1 with dual + 12, i dont get what that is, and before i go and buy a 200$+ power supply i wanted to know if any1 can help me out here thx

Well I can't tell you if the one you have is up to spec or not, but if DFI says it isn't then I guess it isn't. This may or may not fix your problem. I can tell you that the one in my sig IS up to spec, and can be delivered for about $83.

that psu....I've never even heard of, and I would NOT recommend it at all for any of our boards

look at the psu link in my sig, or look at one of the top sticky threads in the Recommendations section (the Skyhawk psu thread) for a good psu that will NOT cost you $200

I'm not sure where I read this but somewhere someone said that if you push your power button real fast the computer will boot up. Something about the switch distance etc. I had one rig that suffered from the no boot after shut down symdrone & I tried the rapid power on & it worked. Before that I just powered off my surge protector & then powered up.

Try the fast power button depression. It worked for me.

I'm not sure where I read this but somewhere someone said that if you push your power button real fast the computer will boot up. Something about the switch distance etc. I had one rig that suffered from the no boot after shut down symdrone & I tried the rapid power on & it worked. Before that I just powered off my surge protector & then powered up.

Try the fast power button depression. It worked for me.

ok u got same board same cpu and practically same vid card, u said u had problems simalar probs too, was that with ur current psu or no, if that psu u have works with no probs let me know where u got it and how much pls thx