Drive slew: 10

;;Slot 2:

Drive strength: 4

Drive slew: 11

;;Slot 3:

Drive strength: 4

Drive slew: 11

Use slot's 2+3 for dc in this config.

Btw, do you have trouble with the above slot setup?, I'm wondering if you need to use slot 1 for it's better voltage handling, but that would normally make good timings a bit less stable...

That vmem, when you back down to 250, is it possible to back down on the vmem?

Otherwise don't for sure, we dont' need to little vmem, juts that it concerns me with that high of vmem.

The parts on the board may be going out from long use of that.

Ok, I'll attach the prime config thingy throw it in your prime folder, if you want, make a new prime foler just for this temp like :).

Run the batch in the folder.

Then close the cmd window that comes up..., it does'nt close prime when you do that.

Run for 8hrs.

Make sure you waited 'till the mmeory is running good again.

Remember to use 250x8.5, 1.45v vcore(This should be perfectly fine).

Guest Darien

Thx for the help...

why slots 2 and 3? I always run 1 and 3 for better cooling... I never saw a performance increase from doing 2 and 3...

I can do 250 at 3.28v no problem...

I'll be happy to try the str and slew recommendations... 4-11 (stock) with 1-10 in the empty slot...

also... what did you do with Prime95??? is there some special test configuration or something? what is special about that particular version...

I'm glad to try this and appreciate the help but I'll have to wait a day or so in order let the OCZ VX rest so it will co-operate again.

Guest Darien

OK...

Thx for the Help Neo... I installed a fresh version of Prime, dropped in your config and bat file...

set 250 x 10... stock alpha's.... 4-11,1-10,4-11 for str/slew settings... 3.28Vdimm 1.9vdd 2-2-2-2-11, 1T

I ran the .bat file, closed the DOS window, and now it's running... I'll pot results later.

Guest Darien

well, it's priming for a little over an hour so far.... no problems...

I'll let it run for atleast 12 hours... maybe longer... but the real test will be AFTER it's done primeing (that is IF it finishes)... when I restart the computer and change a setting in the bios we'll see if the problem reappears...

in the meantime Shroomalistic from PcPer has sold me his two best sets of 2 x 512MB BH5 UTT... both fully tested at 250 2-2-2-x.... one set has the ability to go well beyond 250 from what he tells me...

one set is Mushkin Blue, the other is TwinMos Speed Premium... I've seem screenies of TwinMos Speed Premium doing 265 2-2-2-x stable in memtest... so we'll see...

as long as the New BH5 can perform, it won't matter if the VX lives or not... I'll just RMA it for 4800 plat. elites...

but I'd still love to see the VX live.

PS. good clock on the Opty170... (you Bastard!) I want 1 2 !! you got the clocks up to 300 with that Gskill.. nice.... 1t ? you said it could do 1t.... can / will you push it past 300?

PS. good clock on the Opty170... (you Bastard!) I want 1 2 !! you got the clocks up to 300 with that Gskill.. nice.... 1t ? you said it could do 1t.... can / will you push it past 300?

I'll have you know my parentage is well documented(mind you he's a bit of a bastard) :nod: I did'nt get the clock "up to", that's where i started :nod:

Unfortunately the Opty won't do more than 2.7ghz, unless i shove more than 1.55vcore up it. So i will just keep priming for a couple of weeks and try moving up later. I have had the ram running at 315 on the same timings(on a divider)so plenty of headroom for moving up :nod:Yes it is at 1t, i had it at 1t running 315 as well :nod:

Guest Darien

Well...

after running 11 hours without any errors I stopped the Prime95 testing and restarted the computer, went into memtest.. and it worked OK... I bumped the multi up from 8 to 10, set the vcore appropriately... still worked fine... I dropped it it down to 200 x 10 still worked great!!! so I removed it!

why did I stop the test? why did I set the the RAM to 200? why did I remove it?

cuz I got my 2 sets of BH-5 UTT today!!! so I took out the VX, which up to this point is still working and put in the TwinMos speed premium... I've been scaling it up and right now it's memtesting at:

250 x 10, 2-2-2-2-11 @ 3.37v 1t -- That's NOT bad!!! the VX did that with 3.28v... but the TwinMos looking good... haven't done any real stability testing though just 5 loops of memtest #5 no errors ! will keep everyone posted on the results....

Shroom said the TwinMos SP was the better set.... I haven't tested the Mushkin Blue yet... but he said it could also do 250 2-2-2-x 1t... so we'll see =)

Guest Darien

well... looks like the TwinMos Speed Premium is an acceptable substitue but isn't quite as good... it should do 250FSB OK... but this thing loves the volts like no tomorrow.. @ 255 FSB I have to give it 2.58v and it still fails about 1 pass in 10 on memtest #5 =(... Vr-Forums tested these babies and they tested them up to 3.9v and were doing 260+ on the NF4's....

http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=2179&s=4

so they may do better if I give them more juice, but I don't know If I would want to run more that 3.6v on these sticks...

I'll have to test the mushkin blue next:

EDIT:

Well... The Mushkin Blue is doing 250 x 10, 2-2-2-11, 1T @ 3.37v just fine ;) but it hits a wall after that... even if I give it 3.6v it gets like 500 errors a pass on memtest #5....

so not too bad.. both sets doing 250 FSB 2-2-2-x 1T no problems =)... still not as good as the VX IMHO... but they'll do nicely... especially if I can get a 10.5 multi :D

I think I'll pop the VX back in there... and if they still work I'll do another run of Neo's Prime Special @ 251 x 8 =)

EDIT2: Neo's Prime Special @ 251 going all night strong, lettin 'er run all day long... when I get home it will be on 18 hours...

@ Neo: Man that VX RAM actually 'seems' to work now??!? WTH did you do? well.... the jury's still out... I'm not totally convinced that RAM has been 'healed'... lol... but it's doing good so far

Guest Darien

OK... Neo's Prime Special @ 251 x 8 failed after 14 hours... probably a vcore issue so I'll bump it up some next time.

The RAM is still working OK =D

Restarting Neo's Prime Special @ 252 x 8... bumped vcore to 1.50v and vDimm still 3.28v

EDIT: 12+hours @ 252 and doing good :D

Guest Darien

I could have sworn I had another post in here.. but I guess not.. so here goes...

Neo's Prime Special @ 252 was fine for over 12 hours... so I stopped it, and started...

Neo's Prime Special @ 253 was fine for over 12 hours... so I stopped it, and started...

Neo's Prime Special @ 254 was fine for over 8 hours... so I stopped it, and started...

Neo's Prime Special @ 255.. will post results tonight... I'm going to work now and I'm gonna let them run all day...

between each set of Priming, I run memtest test #1 for about 5 loops to make sure it doesn't have the looping 256MB error, and run test #2 once, and each time I bump the FSB I run 3dmark01 one time...

currently doing

255 x 8 @ 1.5vcore, 2-2-2-2-11, 13-15, 3-3-4-3-2-2-3, 4-11 1-10 4-11, 3.28vDimm

@ Neo... if you're around... thx, and what do I do next? S&M? 256FSB? any input is appreciated