OCZ 4000VX on NF2 Lan Party B

Guest Darien_merged

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darien
Because it would bomb out of 3d03 within a min or so and past experience told me that at least one stick of ram was the cause. I had no intention of killing another set of VX when it was fine at 250. Don't forget "toaster's"should be a sign of a good stable rig that can be used 24/7, it's not just a willy waving exersise.

heheh.. that and 3dmark03 is required to get a toaster ;)

anyways, kitfit, I took your advice... and instead of blatanly waving my willie about like a randi overclocker... I just backed her down to 250 x 10.... it just got done prime blend for 8 hours, as well as the rest of the toaster reqs....

so rest assured brother, I will carry on the DFI NFII VX 2-2-2-2-11 1T toaster in your absense... it will live on!

heheh.. however, I didn't post this in the OCDB yet, because I firmly believe, that If I just wave my willie a little longer... (and harder)... I'll be able to to beat that... errr... no pun intended... :sweat:

I believe I can get 255 x 10 stable on this or 250 x 10.5..... once I lap and sink every thing.... maybe 255 x 10.5 or a few FSB below... we'll see....

anyhow, all my posted overclocks are stable, what would be the point in doing otherwise... I tried for almost a year to get 250 x 10 on my AN7... I could have lied if I wanted to and said I did it... there was no certified toaster for that... and sure i could bench doing that... but it wasn't close to my standards for stable... which were more strict than toaster stable... but what is the point in lying about it... it would be empty... why spend all this time, money and energy just to end up saying you did something you didn't... so in the end, the posted overclock was my best 'stable' oc... 244 x 10...

anyways, I'm stoked on my new VX

I tried for almost a year to get 250 x 10 on my AN7... I could have lied if I wanted to and said I did it... there was no certified toaster for that... and sure i could bench doing that... but it wasn't close to my standards for stable... which were more strict than toaster stable... but what is the point in lying about it... it would be empty... why spend all this time, money and energy just to end up saying you did something you didn't... so in the end, the posted overclock was my best 'stable' oc... 244 x 10

Darien, I remember reading those threads about you trying to get 10x250 with your AN7. I was hoping your efforts would pay off. You even did those Vdd and Vdimm mods (which I held off in anticipation of your results) but in the end it was probably the 'northbridge' memory controller that was the culprit.

That's the way it was for me when I was trying to stabilize 10.5x240 with my NF7. It passed 24hrs of Memtest and 7-8 hrs with Prime95 but was not completely 3D stable with games like Painkiller Gold or Doom 3.

Isn't it maddening to pass Memtest and Prime95 only to be rebuked in 3D games?

When I bought the AN7, I moved all my NF7 components and to my surprise I was able to get 10x250 without any mods except flashing 18de81t. It passed Memtest86 (30hrs) and Prime95 (8hrs) only to have issues with 3D games.

I did many things that I could think of from reading threads and trial and error. Although it appears I got close when I upped the latency of the display card and AGP to PCI controller to 248 and 255 respectively. Using a discrete sound card solution seemed to help too.

Now, I'm working on getting 10.5x240 3D stable and so far I'm off to a great start. This is even with "ACPI Uniprocessor" which as all of you know does provide a slight performance increase over "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface ACPI PC." Turning off 'sound storm' and using a discrete sound card (XtremeMusic) slightly increase SANDRA as well as using 2.5-3-3-8 instead of the usual 2.5-3-3-11.

Anyways just wanted to share information. It's great to read your threads on overclocking the mobile xp when so many others are on A64. Good luck to all you guys and hope to hear more successes ;)

--Fernando

Wouldn't it be cool if DFI released a "DFI LanParty NFII RevC Saturn" like they did with the LanParty NF4 Venus as a limited supply 25th anniversary item?

Hmmm...all aluminum japanese solid state caps...5 phase PWM...DFI are you listening?

I bought a Venus board and it looks pretty awesome.

--Fernando

YOu got a Venus mobo man what i would do for one of those the "dogs bollocks" they are.....Nice going wouldnt mind seeing how high you can push it, i seen Rgones and that thing flies, they are nice, and yes it would be brilliant a Saturn NF2 but the chipset is dead and gone so we got more chance of winning the lottery.

YOu got a Venus mobo man what i would do for one of those the "dogs bollocks" they are.....Nice going wouldnt mind seeing how high you can push it, i seen Rgones and that thing flies, they are nice, and yes it would be brilliant a Saturn NF2 but the chipset is dead and gone so we got more chance of winning the lottery.

Yes Loggan I just got it about a week ago. My wife thought I was crazy but after hearing/reading about how well the NF4 LanParty series were doing, I thought I would splurge and take a chance.

After all I missed out on all the LanParty NFII Rev B fun so I thought I wouldn't repeat that again! :nod:

Anyways, I still have 'Venus' sleeping in her nice box and I will be buying other components before I have it up and running. I don't know how soon I'll get the chance but when I do I'll have to post some overclocking results.

It's too bad that DFI didn't release a limited edition (LanParty NFII Rev B) for their 25th anniversary. I'm sure many enthusiasts would have gotten one in spite of the dead platform.

--Fernando

Yes Loggan I just got it about a week ago. My wife thought I was crazy but after hearing/reading about how well the NF4 LanParty series were doing, I thought I would splurge and take a chance.

After all I missed out on all the LanParty NFII Rev B fun so I thought I wouldn't repeat that again! :nod:

Anyways, I still have 'Venus' sleeping in her nice box and I will be buying other components before I have it up and running. I don't know how soon I'll get the chance but when I do I'll have to post some overclocking results.

It's too bad that DFI didn't release a limited edition (LanParty NFII Rev B) for their 25th anniversary. I'm sure many enthusiasts would have gotten one in spite of the dead platform.

--Fernando

Seething with jealousy i am :) LOL.........with what only a thousand of those made your lucky to have one of those, if you ever get fed up with it i would be willing to take it off your hands for a reasonable fee LOL :) NO seriously i hope you get a Clock out of it as good as i have seen, treat it nice and buy her a nice dualy and some decent ram and psu, no skimping on da bits yer gonna stick in her LOL :)

Indeed i for one would have purchased a limited edition NF2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,When and if i go NF4 i am doing the background research now for modding my UI as i have pushed it as far and if not further than it can go,,,,,,,,,,,,I will wait till i have another mobo though afore i attempt cause if it all goes wrong i would still like to "race".....

Gluck with da Venus Fernando and keep us posted how it clocks.....;)

Seething with jealousy i am :) LOL.........with what only a thousand of those made your lucky to have one of those, if you ever get fed up with it i would be willing to take it off your hands for a reasonable fee LOL :) NO seriously i hope you get a Clock out of it as good as i have seen, treat it nice and buy her a nice dualy and some decent ram and psu, no skimping on da bits yer gonna stick in her LOL :)

Indeed i for one would have purchased a limited edition NF2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,When and if i go NF4 i am doing the background research now for modding my UI as i have pushed it as far and if not further than it can go,,,,,,,,,,,,I will wait till i have another mobo though afore i attempt cause if it all goes wrong i would still like to "race".....

Gluck with da Venus Fernando and keep us posted how it clocks.....;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Loggan. Venus is sleeping but I'm saving up for the necessary components. I just knew that if I didn't purchase one while they were available I probably wouldn't have a chance to get one. Too bad I'm not really in the position right now to get all the necessary components to build her correctly. As it stands, I still need to get at least an Athlon64 X2 3800+ because I could use most of my AN7 peripherals. If it doesn't work out and I have to sell her, I will let you guys know but she's unopened in her box for now.

I'm kinda surprised there wasn't a limited edition NFII. I'm sure it would STILL have been a hit even today!

--Fernando

Yes indeed a suprise but NF2 it was like a test setup for the NF4 and NF3 platforms really so its not so much of a suprise the Venus was released on NF4....

Try and get a Toledo core cpu if thats the road your going i read good things about those,,,,,,its a possibility for me too that cpu, its just a bit expensive here for now so am still waiting on prices dropping.......;)

Try and get a Toledo core cpu if thats the road your going i read good things about those,,,,,,its a possibility for me too that cpu, its just a bit expensive here for now so am still waiting on prices dropping.......;)

I'll take a look at Toledo. It would be nice to have a 1 meg cache instead of 512k in Manchester.

--Fernando