OCZ 4000VX on NF2 Lan Party B

Guest Darien_merged

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...

there seems to be some other issue going on I can't figure it out yet...

it failed 251 instantly.. then even 250.. INSTANTLY... but then if I reboot... it does 250 fine... quirky... I haven't had any time to play with it.. but I'll figure it out...

if it can do 250 with only 3.3v it should be able to push a little higher... anyhow... I just got my replacement 550W Ultra-X2 connect PSU... we'll see if this one is better than the last... I really hope it is.. cuz it looks cool as all hell... but if the rails are weak then it means nothing...

anyhow... when I get time to tweak the OC i'll keep everyone posted... I haven't even had a chance to play with my Corsair Old Skool BH5 yet... there still doing 240 day to day stable in my AN7 =)

Well the new Ultra-X2 sucks just as bad as the last one... pfft... but i just bought another ocz 520w powersream and it's on it's way... once it's here I'll put that in and see how she does =)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm changing my RAM so should I get OCZ VX or Mushkin Redline XP PC4000 1GB?

Given a choice, i would go with the Redline. VX has got a habbit of dying in the NF2's. I don't recall hearing the same of the redline's.

I'd choose the OCZ VX simply for their warranty... I'm not sure if Muskin adopts the same automatic replace or upgrade with NO questions asked policy that OCZ has, regardless if you are the original owner or if you have a receipt or not...

infact, I just had my mushkin BH5 special series DC kit blow out on me and I'm going to see just how the mushkin RMA process works out...

as an update I've got the OCZ 520 ADJ SLI PSU back in the LP B... but unfortunetaly did NOT yeild any improvement of my OC... this was quite frustrating....

Not only that but I then swapped out the OCZ 4000 VX with the Corsair PC3500 Old Skool BH5... I got the exact same results... both sets of RAM with Both PSU's will do 250 x 10 just fine... but the board hits a wall after that... very strange... actually the corsair wasn't Prime stable even at 250 x 10.... it may have been a configuration issue.. but I didn't and still don't have time to mess with it... so I popped the VX back in and it's stable at 250 x 10.... but hits a wall after that...

because of this I believe it's my NB that's limiting me again... but I'm a little depressed that I can't even match (much less pass) my old record of 254 x 10 in the OCDB...

So it looks like I'll just have to live with the fact that I can't beat my old record cuz I just don't have time to mess with anything nowa days, too many computers and too little time... with 2 different LP B's, 1 AN7 and 2 old ECS socket A's, 1 GGG Opteron and 1 HP Core-Duo Conroe, It's all I can do to keep my computers AND my business running....

that said, these days I value stability NOT OC'ing :sad:

• 1 month later...