• 1.61-1.65
    • 1.66-1.7
    • 1.7-1.8
    • Greater than 1.8

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3000+ Newcastle @ 2600mhz 1.55-1.6v (1.5v) is stock. watercooled.

A safe voltage for 130nm cpu's is anything below 1.7v. 1.7v being the abolute highest you should really go.

90nm cpu's the safest voltage is about 1.6v

my 90nm venice is at 1.675 for about 3 months now...... max load is 45C on BigTyphoon.....

my 90nm venice is at 1.675 for about 3 months now...... max load is 45C on BigTyphoon.....

Youre point ? I dont care if youre cpu is running @ those voltages or not. Its a 90nm cpu and they cant handle the kind of voltages a 130nm cpu or higher can. Maybe youre cpu has lasted 3 months. My cpu has lasted for 2 years. I bet you it wont last very long @ 1.67v which is essentally 1.7v.

Not trying to start a voltage war over this but if you have been overclocking for a long time you would know that each new core size has a voltage limit. The palaminos 1.85-1.9v was about the max 2v And they would die very fast. Bartons the max was about 1.85v-1.9v. Then The clawhammers and the max became about 1.7v Newcastle was 1.7v, Venice Iv seen run @ 1.6-1.7v but i dont suggest you run the cpu @ 1.7v.

Each time you go down in size the voltage goes down, along with the maximum voltage it can handle. Its how things work.

Youre point ? I dont care if youre cpu is running @ those voltages or not. Its a 90nm cpu and they cant handle the kind of voltages a 130nm cpu or higher can. Maybe youre cpu has lasted 3 months. My cpu has lasted for 2 years. I bet you it wont last very long @ 1.67v which is essentally 1.7v.

Not trying to start a voltage war over this but if you have been overclocking for a long time you would know that each new core size has a voltage limit. The palaminos 1.85-1.9v was about the max 2v And they would die very fast. Bartons the max was about 1.85v-1.9v. Then The clawhammers and the max became about 1.7v Newcastle was 1.7v, Venice Iv seen run @ 1.6-1.7v but i dont suggest you run the cpu @ 1.7v.

Each time you go down in size the voltage goes down, along with the maximum voltage it can handle. Its how things work.

i have no point... the point is just to show u that i have a venice that runs at 1.675 which is around 1.649 checkd wit multimeter. i didnt mean to say everybody should do this nor my cpu will last for 10years on that voltage. only time will tell.... sorry for the misunderstandin there, bud'.... ;) chill out....

ps:i agree that every cpu got a voltage limit and i do notice for smaller production size, voltage will go down as well.... i got nothin to argue. i am a computer engineering grad afterall and my 1st overclock is Pentium 1 75Mhz to 120Mhz ;) so try not to poke on my knowledge.... cool?

@Thasp: Canada...close enough ;) but its insde my apartment so i doubt it would matter. ambient temp is 21- 24, inside the case is about the same. it idles around 27-28, and benched, full load, measured wit radioshack's digitemp and currently monitored wit Diginurse LCD temp probe, AND i touched the heatsink's base while load....... not even...well..barely warm to the touch. max is about 32 somethin.....

the result of sanding the BT's base until its super-shiny, warmed up the AS5, placed in the Silverstone Temjin TJ06's windtunnel, thus located in the bottom of the case.... good stuff....

Argue this stuff elseware this is supposed to be a database you are making it harder fopr people to get the info they want. There are tons of threads on this but not so much real information here. Not your fault redbever.

Winchester 3200 @2.6 around 1.74 Watercooling RIP after 1 year (likly not directly volts bit it did not help) Unlucky chip not even prime stable at stock speed on stock volts.