Best video card out there?

boomslangdfi

The cards I had intended to use will not be used ZipZoomFly ran out of them even though the web site says they have them. So now I wanted to if anyone uses this card in there system? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130237

I don't think that I can afford two right now but I do want to get one to start out with. Let me know if I should wait and two?

Guest Dynamic

Right now the X1900's are the best in single and crossfire mode...hands down, but not sure if you really need a crossfire board to run them or not.

Why would you upgrade from a 7800GT to a 7800GTX 256MB? The difference is pretty minimal. Less than 5FPS difference in every game benchmark at any resolution you would play at that I've seen. Not even a significant difference between SLI comparisons (and two 7800GT's will easily outclass a single GTX 256MB). If you really have a burning need to spend some cash on a new video card, pony up $200 more and get a GTX 512MB (assuming you can find one for sale). Still won't beat the two 7800GT's but it will be a lot closer and give you the room to upgrade to a second card. Either that or buy a RDX200 Crossfire motherboard ($165), move everything onto it and pickup a X1900XTX for $650. A single one of those is a match for two 7800GT's (except in OpenGL games) and gives you the room to upgrade later. Though if you did upgrade to Crossfire, I'd go with a X1900XT since the Crossfire Mastercard is the same clock speed at that one and would drag a X1900XTX down to X1900XT speeds.

Or as SeanDude05 said, just wait for the next card to come out which shouldn't be too long.

buy an x1900xt. dont think about it just do it. they are awesome. mine doesnt even break a sweat at 675/785 and my system scores 5300 in 3dM06. for a single core cpu rig thats pretty damn amazing. go forth and spend you will. play games at max res you shall. be dissapointed you wont. :D:D:D

buy an x1900xt. dont think about it just do it. they are awesome. mine doesnt even break a sweat at 675/785 and my system scores 5300 in 3dM06. for a single core cpu rig thats pretty damn amazing. go forth and spend you will. play games at max res you shall. be dissapointed you wont. :D:D:D

He can already play any game at maximum resolution with every graphical setting set to max.

And two 7800GT's are better than a single X1900XT.