NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 92MM High Speed Cooling Fan

Oceanborn

Hey guys, I want to buy a XP-90 and a NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 92MM High Speed Cooling Fan to match it, but on the website it mentions that this fan doesn't have any sensor....

Does this mean the fan rotates at full speed all the time or would the mobo be able to control it's speed???

I know this maybe a stupid question, but i just wanna be certain of what I'm getting, cuz god knows I hate excessive noise...

I know at of you have that fan so I was just wondering if someone can answer me that...

thanks

Are you getting one with a three wire connector? If so, then yes, your motherboard will be able to control it and pull out information. If not, then your motherboard will still be able to control it, but will not be able to get any information from it.

I may be wrong, but that's always how I've interpreted it.

Well, the one that I'm asking about says that is a 3 wire cable but there's no sensor...according to the website http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...cture=Panasonic

go figure....

I guess I'll just have to buy and see...if it's too loud I'll have to buy a different one...

I don't mind loud, but BOEING 747 loud is out of the question...

Oceanborn,

The website is misleading.

I bought a low-speed and highspeed 92 mm from NCIX and they both have rpm monitoring.

On a side note, if you live in Vancouver, I'll sell you mine cheap. Brand new, only being tested. I upgraded to a XP-120 for my new Opteron.

Cheers

Just make sure when you buy or order them they have the right fan number FBA09A12H-1BX.

I only think they carry the one, but the website says 2 different things and the workers there don't seem to have much clue on occasion.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...