?'s about prime95

frank white

Yes..its the torture test in BLEND mode..

Also in you can change the amount of ram to use.. this will give you far better stability test.. goto CPU setting and you will have an option to specify how much ram.. Angry has said 400MB for a 1G rig but since you have 2 gigs, i'm not sure how much but put more than that..

Small FFTs

FFT stands for Fast Fourier Transform and is an algorithm to compute discrete Fourier transforms for a sequence of n complex numbers (groan, more math – I’m outta here). The Small FFT test loads neatly into your L2 cache so it tests primarily your CPU. Ram will generally only be affected whenever more data has to be fetched into the L2 cache. The small FFT test is good if you’re just looking to give your CPU a good burn in or test your cooling sub-system out. This test will heat up your CPU, so watch the temps.

In-Place Large FFTs

Due to the nature of in-place FFTs, they do a lot of moving data and swapping to and from memory during the computations. So this test gives your CPU a work out along with some of your RAM. It will also heat up your CPU quickly so watch your temps closely.

Blend

Blend is my favorite since it works out everything. Blend will use small and large in-place FFTs so everything (CPU and RAM) gets a nice work out. Unless you use something like memtest to check out your memory, I recommend the Blend setting. Blend, like the other test, does indeed give your system a work out and the temps rise rapidly. Not to be repetitive, but keep an eye on your temps lest the toasty aroma of a burned CPU begins to fill your nostrils.

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/18731-prime9...ty-testing.html

DONT FORGET TO ENTER THE PASSWORD AND SELECT VALUE 10

i have questions about prime95 as a basic program:

How do i run dual instances?(what do i select, i only find the affinity option which allows for core selection, but not for two instances)

What is this password that i dont seem to have?

i have questions about prime95 as a basic program:

How do i run dual instances?(what do i select, i only find the affinity option which allows for core selection, but not for two instances)

What is this password that i dont seem to have?

The password is in the readme that comes with the download