Will This Work???????

Wrightman

:tooth: I am a 56 year old extreme gamer who has been building custom rigs since before Windows. It is now my business. At the urgings of others I entered the AMD world a few years ago and am happy as a clam :D .

I have spent the past 3 weeks on this site reading everything available on the DFI Expert. I am a click away from making my initial DFI purchase and would like opinions and/or comments on my setup please. Here is what I plan to purchase.

Antec Performance Plus PlusView II Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Model #: LP[uT]nF4 SLI-DR Exp

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Model #: 256-P2-N517-AX

ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply Model #: ELT620AWT

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX - Retail Model #: ADA3700BNBOX

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

OCZ Gold Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ5002048ELGE-K

SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive

2-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives in 0 raid

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE 5X DVD-RAM Write DVD Burner With LightScribe Model SHM-165H6S

Update LITE-ON Black IDE Combo Drive Model SOHC-5236V BK RTL

TREND MICRO PC Cillin Internet Security 2006

3-Antec LED80XFAN 80mm Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

Please let me know what you think, or of any suggestions you may have. Yes, I will be overclocking this bad boy... :drool:

Antec Performance Plus PlusView II Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Please let me know what you think, or of any suggestions you may have. Yes, I will be overclocking this bad boy... :drool:

Begin lifting weights immediately. I have this case and my recent build to thank for some nice biceps :) And be careful with the door.

Good luck :D

looks damn nice all the way around! You may want some better fans, but other than that, it looks like everything will be damn nice, and compatible!

Dont forget to buy a copy of windows if you dont already have one. other than that, GL, and let us know how she turns out!

Replace the case. If you want a nice mid tower check out NZXT LEXA-NP case 119.00 at newegg. Also that cpu cooler looks to be vary heavy, check out the Thermalright SI-120 50.00 at frozencpu.

Whats wrong with the case?

with games going dual core, you might look at the opteron 165 at monarch computer. I love the zalman cooler. I have a Lian Li case and they are very nice, very well ventilated, and not to loud. You didn't mention sound. The onboard audio is the worst I've heard.

I had problems with the ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply Model #: ELT620AWT. Not enough poop behind it to operate my board right from the start. Went with the Enermax 535 after reading the suggested boards thread and have been flying since. My board would post to bios no problem, but only once. Then I would have to reset no matter what. :nod:

I'm currently using the Enermax Liberty 620w PSU with my set up and not one problem with.

Under full load my 12v rails are still 12.37v, 5v sits at 5.03v and the 3.3v sits at 3.38v.

That's with the following:

Opteron 170 @ 2650mhz 1.42v

Galaxy 7800GTX 256mb

2 GIG 2GBZX DDR

3 HDD's

2 Optical

Corsair HydroCool water cooling

1 x 120mm fan

1 x 92mm fan

4 x 80mm fan

USB Keyboard and Mouse

USB card reader/writer