Will This Work???????

Wrightman

Couple of thoughts..

Some people have had issues even getting their computer to turn on with some of those Liberties...might want to reconsider though (theoretically) it shoulde be more than adequate. Just seems to not like the Expert sometimes...

Otherwise I'd consider getting 2 smaller (80GB) drives for raid-0 and have the larger ones seperate for storage, but it really doesn't matter if thats the way you want to go.

I had problems with the ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply Model #: ELT620AWT. Not enough poop behind it to operate my board right from the start. Went with the Enermax 535 after reading the suggested boards thread and have been flying since. My board would post to bios no problem, but only once. Then I would have to reset no matter what. :nod:

and

Some people have had issues even getting their computer to turn on with some of those Liberties...might want to reconsider though (theoretically) it shoulde be more than adequate. Just seems to not like the Expert sometimes...

Check out posts by RGone on the "Cold Boot" problem on the Expert.

Some are saying that the "cure" for the problem is having a PSU with AT LEAST 3.0A on the +5Vsb rail (stand-by rail).

The Enermax LIBERTY series (any watage) are the ONLY PSU's I can find with that spec.! :eek2:

Outside of the PC Power and Cooling 850W and 1KW, of course.

But only the 1KW is SLi Certified (and has 3.5A on +5Vsb)!

And it costs "just" $489.99 at Newegg!!! :sad:

Although I understand that the Liberty's are not on the "recomended" list, I gotta wonder if that might not change ... real quick!

DISCLAIMER: I haven't built my rig yet, so this is all from reading posts.

I would go with the FSP Epsilon 600 Watt PSU. Its such a good PSU. Lots of power. VROOOOOm! :D

I have two of those eVGa 7800 GT'S there great!

Also I have tried both the OCZ Gold and my G SKill Extreme Series. I prefer the G.Skill. There is just a different feel when im on my computer with it.

If you have the money get 2 150 GB Western Digital 16MB Cache Raptors in RAID 0 . Thats pretty much my setup and I love it!

Looks good, but...................

I would consider a different case, maybe a Cooler Master Stacker.......

Lots more room, and room to mod anything and will last you many years.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119039

If you are intent on using a single core processor I would get a 148 Opteron. They overclock like nothing else. Got mine stable and fast @ 2.861

If you are thinking dual core, go with a 165 or 170 Opteron

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103595

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103588

The Liberty, I have heard good and bad about them. But if you want to get something that works well with this board, OCZ Powerstream

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817711002

:nod: WOW! Lots of good advice. Thank you all... I have re-thought my pending purchase and this is my new list. What do you think now?

Lian Li PC-7077B Black Aluminum Server Computer Case

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Koutech PCI to USB/1394a Card Model IOFLEX-7002

OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI ATX12V 2.01, ATX, BTX, SATA, P4, and EPS12V 600W Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX

Mushkin Redline eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model 991493

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM Write Model SHM-165H6S - OEM

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

Lian Li C-01B CD/DVD ROM Bezel

Lian Li MF-515B 5.25" to 3.5" Converter (Black)

Win XP Pro SP2