Don't See My Workgroup !plz Help!

p4Ster

I ran network setup wizard on each computer and did everthing i could think of to try and get these computers to connect to share files, printer, ect. All computer is connected to a 5 port workgroup switch from Linksy's that is uplinked to a dsl modem. All the computers have internet connection so i know that nothing is wrong with any wires. I dont know if some settings may be wrong or if something is busted. All computers is running on Windows Xp pro. I dont know what else to do so here i am. If anyone has any information that you think might be of some use to me please please do tell.

All computers is running on Windows Xp pro.

now the pic below is how my workgroup is setup. Im sure that it is set up correctly.

Edited by p4Ster

Make sure the built in Windows Firewall is turned off! That thing causes more headaches than I can think of. It works good I guess for internet use, but once you want to share files, forget it. Check to see if that is enabled or not.

I already dissabled the firewalls for all computers... And i do not want to reinstall windows for all 3 comps. (althoe i did that before and it seems to work, but too much hassle) Is there any other way i can get around this problem?

(oh and sorry bout the double post, wont do it again)

go to start.run/command/ipconfig and see if the ipaddress is working properly

how am i supose to know if it is running correctly? It gives me an ip adress, a subnet mask, and a default gatway. Is that correct enough? Well whats the next step?

Geez this is so complicated. I though that sp supose to make all this networking and internet stuff easy to use. <_<

Yes i did.

Never mind bout this problem thoe...ill just call a helpline or something. Thanx anyways.

***********(to the people that maintane the forums)****************

You can delete this forum if you want