Official Bios for E6 on 250GB

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am having MAJOR issue with the new 6/23 BIOS on DFI site.

I had just updated it yesterday and ran it over night fine.

I just put all the setting to what I had before... everything was fine

I decided to seeing it the BIOS will push O/C anymore. Up the memory a little and it locked.

Reset CMOS like normal... GREEN power LED is flashing and it does not boot.

Reset CMOS again... boots into BIOS... put everything back to stable settings... restart and it does not boot... now the Green LED does not come on...

Reset CMOS again... BIOS comes up all weird like in safe mode or something...

Reset CMOS and left PSU disconnected for 30 min with battery out...

Reset CMOS again... Green LED blinking again and no boot up

Reset CMOS again... got into BIOS... set everything to basic auto, no O/C, nothing at all... restarted and nothing... No Green LED, no boot, all the fans are going but it will not boot.

Reset CMOS and bypassed BIOS setup and re-flashed the BIOS with 6/23

Boot into BIOS and set everything basic... restart and no Green LED, no boot...

And so... :drool:

What is the problem? Is it the BIOS? Is it hardware?

Don't mind that last one...

I am a bone head... I am too tired for this...

I mixed up the CMOS jumper placements and left it at clear when I thought it was normal...

Weird though, normally if you leave at clear it should not boot... sometime it will power off PC. This allowed me to boot... that was where it confused me...

Anyhow, this bonehead is off to big for much need rest.

GN all.

:O

• 8 months later...

"And I'll give you ten bucks more. He he. Sorry couldn't resist. BTW The 6/24 beta/official bios chucked me a curveball yesterday when I installed the new 4000. The CPU vid special control multiplier hung at 136% after initial boot of 200X4. When I changed the settings to 200X10 1.35v. for second boot I left the cpu vid special control at auto and it remained at 136% where it was on initial boot. Huge mistake that would have cost me a cpu if I had not set the thermal shutdown at 60 deg.C upon first boot. Just wanted to make that info available for anyone considering an unsupported mobile processor."

Man, this happend to me the other night...yikes....tookme a minute to realize what the heck was going on.

I have also found that the 1.65 memtest built in is corrupt. Shows strange characters and reboots whereas running the same memtest from external floppy does 71 passes at DDR500.

I think I am first going to try another bios like tic tac's 5/4 but what's the consensus onwhich 6/23 to use. i have the DFI bios cd...

Cansomeone rundown what 6/23 bios' exist:

Beta

Offical

TMOD

?

v/r

DC