Official Bios for E6 on 250GB

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i had the beta bios zip, and downloaded the new "official" bios and the CRC32 is the same. so i assume its the beta bios just made official.

on another note, decided to see if there was another beta bios and the 250gb is no longer in the drop list :O

So if you have the 6/23 beta bios installed, no worries as its EXACTLY the same. no need to re-flash

Sorry about getting in late on this but have to ask a stupid question. I have the Athlon 64 3400. The newest bios only Mentions the Sempron. Should I use it? I presently have the 5/04/05 V6.00PG . Thanks for your help.

Depends on how you look at it. Most say if you are not having any problems and don't have any way to recover from a flash gone bad don't do it. I have a spare bios chip and a bios savior so I do like to try different bioses to see which one plays the best with my setup at the time. For my setup the tictac 4 volt modded 4/15 seems to play the best with BH5, wether I am using my 90nm Venice or 130nm Newcastle. For my TCCD the 5/04 oficial seems to be about the best.. The 6/23 bios I think has added microcode for the 90nm CPU's and that's about it so it probably wouldn't help at all in your case.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping it might help. I hate this PC. Have owned many and built a couple and this is the most unstable, crash prone, POS ever and I don't bother to OC. Many times I have installed a new program or upgrade drivers I have reboot issues. It hangs before completely loading the Destop or doesn't make it that far. Have reinstalled the OS several times and lost everything twice and no... not due to virus. If programs crash sometimes I have had to use the restore. Program shutdown is worthless in the task manager. I keep everything up to date and have the new 8.x nvidia drivers. If anyone wants to buy the board I am willing to sell.

And I'll give you ten bucks more. He he. Sorry couldn't resist. BTW The 6/24 beta/official bios chucked me a curveball yesterday when I installed the new 4000. The CPU vid special control multiplier hung at 136% after initial boot of 200X4. When I changed the settings to 200X10 1.35v. for second boot I left the cpu vid special control at auto and it remained at 136% where it was on initial boot. Huge mistake that would have cost me a cpu if I had not set the thermal shutdown at 60 deg.C upon first boot. Just wanted to make that info available for anyone considering an unsupported mobile processor.