OCCT vs Prime

Generally I run OCCT before doing Prime since usually passing it will mean Prime has aggod chacne to run. I don't run the torture test on it though, just the 'test' test...If it lasts 30 minutes then i go on to Prime that night.

well

thats what i do

occt is really a hard test to pass...and its only 1/2 hour....wich is great.....u can test it while u have a snack

;)

uhm, I take the advice on my PSU very seriously and I will try my system with a more powerfull psu for sure but is it not weird that when OCCT is running and it states 100% cpu usage taskmanager states 0@ cpu usage? at most a couple of % total cpu usage but if you brake it down OCCT itself is 0%!

When I set the affinity to core 0 or 1 the same thing happens.

How can a cpu test which claims to be 100% load but in reality is 0% and fails after 4-6 minutes be taken seriously?

Maybe it's because it's not getting 100% load that it fails so quickly...

Mine gets 100% load (or close to) and mine passes the occt test (but not prime 95 grr).

Maybe you're running too many applications as well as occt...

It needs +90% load to succeed.

It may also drop out if it's first stage "idle monitoring" fails .

And if you look in the exe dll files you see OCCT also use mersienne prime iterations

for it's testing .

It's just that they have made it just to run the most intensive ones concurrently ,

therefore it's more effective for our use as it reveals bad OC's earlier than prime95 does.

Note that the 30mins test is mainly CPU test .

Use of OCCT torture is the one that equals Prime95 blend test .

Guest laydback
cpuburn is a good program as well, more intensive than prime or occt from what ive read. apparently, a lot of big companies use it for the 4-6 week server burn in :)

Is cpuburn a stress or stability tester?

I find that at least on my pc. I can pass Super Pi and OCCT fairly easily, but Prime is the test I normally have a problem passing. I get tired of passing OCCT, and then run prime only for it to fail 6 hours in. OCCT might be a good short term stability tester, but for true stability, let it pass at least 12 hours of prime, IMO.

I'm like the others though... I test settings with OCCT, then if it passes, next step is Prime95.