Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

Here is my results so far using bh5-utt...

232 x 13 prime stable 48c load on air. 1.45@110%. This is with one stick only of memory.

and 3.3 volts using an ocz booster that has to be recalibrated everytime I reboot.

More volts gets me nothing and the booster will be comin off cause I don't like it.

Both sticks of my memory do not play well with my board as I can only hit around 220 x 13 with 1.40@110% prime stable but I keep tryin to keep 1t and 2-2-2-5.

have you considered using Tmod's Bios CD to flash your mobo to the modded 623 bios? it allow for 4volt vdimm option in the bios.

TGM

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to go with a 1 gig 1 stick of memory.

Another poster pointed out to me that bh5 does not come in 1 gig sticks.

I dont know as much about memory as I would like.

Would someone care to suggest one ? tccd ?

this is 1 stick of the 2gig kit that people are using

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231024

they're getting between 270 and 290 stable, but i've seen posts of up to 320 with the 2x1024 2gig kit on the dual channel 939 platform.

here's the link for the 2x1024 2gig kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

so this one gig 1 stick is prolly your best bet. they use the new Infineon chips.

and here's the thread on the 2gig kit on this forum

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37515

TGM

have you considered using Tmod's Bios CD to flash your mobo to the modded 623 bios? it allow for 4volt vdimm option in the bios.

TGM

I have 504 tic tac in it now just didn't update sig.

I found that the bios is not needed to change volts with the booster. you can turn the dial and watch the voltage change in the bios with the 6/23 stock bios.

this is 1 stick of the 2gig kit that people are using

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231024

they're getting between 270 and 290 stable, but i've seen posts of up to 320 with the 2x1024 2gig kit on the dual channel 939 platform.

here's the link for the 2x1024 2gig kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

so this one gig 1 stick is prolly your best bet. they use the new Infineon chips.

and here's the thread on the 2gig kit on this forum

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37515

TGM

Your link to the 1 stick shows a cas of 3.

My board absolutley refuses to boot at cas 3.

Is that because of my board or memory ?

yes, but you were complaining about having to readjust it everytime and decided not to use the booster anymore. so i thought if you were using the booster, maybe you didn't know about the 4volt modded bios. :)

TGM

Yeah I thought it would help with the recalibrate everytime if i were able to put 3.3 setting but it made no diff.

I just think my board likes using 1 slot better and I think thats all I really need is 1 gig. I could be wrong.

Your link to the 1 stick shows a cas of 3.

My board absolutley refuses to boot at cas 3.

Is that because of my board or memory ?

definetly b/c of your ram. you're using the tight timing BH5's ... the sticks that are of 1gig denesity will run amazingly high mem bus's and most the time they'll do it at 2.5 not 3 like it's rated.

most people are getting 270~290 at 2.5-3-3-7 on our mobos with this ram, after lots of Alpha tweaking. but with our older BH5 (i have Mushkin lvl II BH5 ram), these sticks top out around 260mhz or so with tight timiings, but there's no gig sticks of it, same as the TCCD/5 there's no gig sticks of that ram either, but they act very simular to the gig stick of the G.Skill PC4000.

TGM

Yes the 2X1 gig sticks are booted with a 166 divider then a64 tweaker is used to bump the divider up to 9/10. Here are the results with a single gig 246X13 1:1 at the same voltage in sig. I'm pretty sure that it would do 248X13 with more cpu volts but I am unwilling to do so. I'm really quite happy with these results as I just finished a round of BF2 and it ran amazingly well with the single module and reduced eye candy. I think I'm gonna stick with the single module and pop the other into my sons 3700 clawhammer rig and see where that ends up.

definetly b/c of your ram. you're using the tight timing BH5's ... the sticks that are of 1gig denesity will run amazingly high mem bus's and most the time they'll do it at 2.5 not 3 like it's rated.

most people are getting 270~290 at 2.5-3-3-7 on our mobos with this ram, after lots of Alpha tweaking. but with our older BH5 (i have Mushkin lvl II BH5 ram), these sticks top out around 260mhz or so with tight timiings, but there's no gig sticks of it, same as the TCCD/5 there's no gig sticks of that ram either, but they act very simular to the gig stick of the G.Skill PC4000.

TGM

So have you run your memory in the 250 yet or are you still running the setup in your sig ?

Yes the 2X1 gig sticks are booted with a 166 divider then a64 tweaker is used to bump the divider up to 9/10. Here are the results with a single gig 246X13 1:1 at the same voltage in sig. I'm pretty sure that it would do 248X13 with more cpu volts but I am unwilling to do so. I'm really quite happy with these results as I just finished a round of BF2 and it ran amazingly well with the single module and reduced eye candy. I think I'm gonna stick with the single module and pop the other into my sons 3700 clawhammer rig and see where that ends up.

I think this may be the 1 gig stick I am looking for.

Or the one GeekMistress suggested.

Is that prime stable ?

i'm actually running another one of my puters right now (P4 1.6a @ 2.73GHz Radeon modded to 9700NP) b/c my sig rig is torn apart for my new LP-UT NF3 250GB and water cooling setup. i'm waiting for my A64 Mobile 4000 as well as having to do some modding for my water system.

what i have in my sig is the 1gig G.Skill TCCD kit running at 260 with all the timings listed, it'll also run at 265 rather well and tops out at 270; but you gotta remember thats on a NF2 mobo and anything above 250 is pushing the chipset to it's limits. my BH5's 2x256 512 kit could reach 263 ok, altho not stable they topped out at 266 and they loved running 255 @ 2.0-2-2-2-10-9-11-4-4-6-3-3-3-5-1T all these clocks are at 1T btw.

the BH5's needed 3.3vmem for anything over 245mhz and the TCCD never needed anything over 2.8vmem on the nf2 mobo.

TGM