Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta pay for the best sometimes..... i'd love it to be like the $40 TBred 1700+ of mine that does 2500mhz, but this time around it's different.

i'm kind of trapped into the 754 socket as i don't want to have to get rid of my really great AGP card. i wanted to get the nf3 ULTRA-D mobo and a X2 3800+ but the ULTRA-D 939 AGP mobo is nowhere to be found.

but i look at it this way, 349USD may be a price to pay, but it's about the best shot for a frequency of 3.2~3.5GHz with 1meg L2, SSE3, .09µ process cpu. the only other cpu that has near the same specs is the FX-55, which is more than double the cost of this Mobile 4000.

TGM

gotta pay for the best sometimes..... i'd love it to be like the $40 TBred 1700+ of mine that does 2500mhz, but this time around it's different.

i'm kind of trapped into the 754 socket as i don't want to have to get rid of my really great AGP card.

I understand and I'm in the same boat as I bought an AGP 6800GT card which will be going into my 250Gb board as well. It's just I remember the days of the Tbred (and before that the old 286 Intel procs) when you wanted to buy cheap, then OC for some real savings. You gotta love today's market with so many options for great OC'ing boards and features out the gazoo. I just miss yesteryear's prices. :

Would like to take a 4000 Newark for a spin myself. Funding is a little shy so I had to get me a new 3000 Venice 754. About the best I can do is keep reusing my Pelt setup that I bought way back to keep me entertained. Like TGM I am just not ready to give up my unlocked vivo. A good running NF3 will keep right up with a comparably equipped NF4 any day of the week. I figure the only thing I am missing is a video card that it is out of my budget right now anyway..

.. but in this case, MEGAhurtz rulez and the potential of grabbing 3.2~3.5GHz on a chip with the same specs as the FX-55 but less than half the cost.... well, i'm just gonna have to take that one up for a spin.

You're beginning to talk me into it.. LOL Altho I'll hafta wait a couple more months probably.. :sigh:

It's an E6. I'm wondering if that 4000 you are getting will be like the FX's where the memory controllers are the king of crop as well. This ones not bad though. memtesting at DDR610 with 1 X 512 TCCD and no errors through 20 minutes of test 5