WD Raptor Low performance

jsimon9633

Why do I hear my HD reading so often and slowing down my performance, could it have to do with my motherboard? any tips? the thing reads off the actual disk and not the cache way too often hindering my performance big time

Before spending any money, listen to the drive during normal operations (i.e. web browsing, checking e-mail, etc...) and with the non-gaming programs you run.

If you hear "fluttering" access, then it is a drive problem.

Sounds to me like you are going into your page file during heavy gaming. Playing some BF2 are ya? Check out your page file and see what it's set to. This is not my area of expertise, but there are many guides out there on setting the proper page file, just Google it.

And I agree with Ace about the ram choice. :)

You also might want to make sure there are not big appos in the background like norton etc. I alos like to use a good defrag program like perfect disk and to do an of line defrag so my page file is not fragmented. If you have more than one drive you can also put the page file on one and the game on another making the pause less notacable not that 2 gig of memory would not be nice.

1GB of RAM with today's games? (especially with that 400+ & 7800GTX that I know you want to roll in the highest resolutions with all the eye candies turned to maximum)

1GB of RAM in games just cant cut it these days

yeah I am guessing thats the problem

I run 1920 x 1200 on my 23inch Widescreen

with full effects so ayone have a recommend for best place to get the ram? the OCZ one and does anyone have it on this same board so im sure is compatible?