Could someone recommend the best OCZ memory

buckrogers

I had heard as much, and not to be rice... but they look much better too. I personally ordered the Gskill extreme. They look to be quite good and the memmory is actually samsung UCCC stuff... I'm anticipating good results.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

a memory's "looks" will not make it perform any better/faster ;)

it is all about the pcb and the memory IC's :tooth:

IC's, that's what they are called. Yeah, I am very anxious to put my UCCC 2GB kit to use. I'll get it before the rest of my system I beleive, so I'll be burning that in overnight before the new system arrives, which should be friday. Thankfully, Monarch will be testing before it is delivered.

As for looks... I disagree. Just look at ballistix tracers ... or even the absolute wisdom of kris wilson!

So what should I get, the OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 (2x1gb), or the

OCZ EL PC4000 GX XTC 2x1gb. Id like a good IC type, and the GX apparently has UCCC IC's, but are the EB's Infeon CE-6 IC's any good

either will do well

as will the OCZ PC4000EL's which also use UCCC's that the GX's use (but the GX has better heatspreader and slightly better timings...but if you read the stickies at the top of the AMD - Overclocking section, you will see timings are really not that important at all).

I like all 3 kits...the EB's are near impossible to find, the GX's are going out of stock quickly...and the EL's are everywhere as people think they are infected with the plague or something even though they are UCCC based and overclock just as well as any other UCCC based memory...

I know what you said about the timings not being important, but what kind of effects would the GX's timings have on my system

lol

i just answered this!

none really

read the sticky threads in teh AMD Overclocking section

they will shed plenty of light on how little dividers really affect performance on the A64 cpu with it's integrated memory controller

So, if price and availability wern't an issue, which ones would you get. (I'm just trying to build up a picture).

Thanks for your help so far, Buck

I'd bunk OCZ altogether and get the Gskill uccc kit.

So, if price and availability wern't an issue, which ones would you get. (I'm just trying to build up a picture).

As AG said, read the sticky threads in the AMD OC section. You'll get a great picture all by yourself. ;)

Thanks for your help so far, Buck

I would get any of the OCZ's for the fact that they are in the Stock Speed Database, Overclocking Database, and the biggest factor besides proven performance is that OCZ has 3 reps that visit these forums regularly...something I can't say of Gskill (and that OCZ and DFI work closely together on these things which is another thing I cannot say of Gskill).

oh

and keep in mind...the Gskills don't clock any better than the Corsairs nor the OCZ's nor any other UCCC based memories. They are the same...so that (to me) means you start looking at other benefits of owning OCZ, and I just gave ya the best reasons (ie: OCZ has reps in this forum to help ya, as well as I and Rgone and many others have plenty of OCZ to help ya, as well as OCZ and DFI working very closely together to help ya... heh)

The kit in my sig runs at 265MHZ (530DDR) at default timings. I think the voltage is around 2.6V.

I too highly recommended a 2gig kit.