Could someone recommend the best OCZ memory

buckrogers

I would get any of the OCZ's for the fact that they are in the Stock Speed Database, Overclocking Database, and the biggest factor besides proven performance is that OCZ has 3 reps that visit these forums regularly...something I can't say of Gskill (and that OCZ and DFI work closely together on these things which is another thing I cannot say of Gskill).

oh

and keep in mind...the Gskills don't clock any better than the Corsairs nor the OCZ's nor any other UCCC based memories. They are the same...so that (to me) means you start looking at other benefits of owning OCZ, and I just gave ya the best reasons (ie: OCZ has reps in this forum to help ya, as well as I and Rgone and many others have plenty of OCZ to help ya, as well as OCZ and DFI working very closely together to help ya... heh)

I wasn't aware that OCZ even had uccc sticks out. Oh well... I saved a good 20$ and regardless... and Gskill doesn't look too horrible. Sure they don't run here... but hey. I doubt you guys have a PC Power and Cooling rep, and that doesn't make them any worse of a brand. :

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware that OCZ even had uccc sticks out. Oh well... I saved a good 20$ and regardless... and Gskill doesn't look too horrible. Sure they don't run here... but hey. I doubt you guys have a PC Power and Cooling rep, and that doesn't make them any worse of a brand. :

OCZ released the UCCC sticks before anyone else (I had them a couple weeks before you could buy them, and OCZ was first to market with them as far as I know since no one else released UCCC sticks until after OCZ did)

we don't have a PCP&C rep here but we recommend their psu's. But we always recommend OCZ's before theirs because OCZ makes not only high quality psu's, but they have reps to support our mutual customers.

Thats better for customers than someone just suggesting that their favorite brand is better...customers want to know they have support from a mfg...and while most mfg's offer some sort of support, OCZ goes above and beyond normal support for their customers which is why they are the most popular brand right now, and that is why we recommend them first and most often.

I've decided I'm gonna buy a set of OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB Dual Channel sticks. I've found a supplier who has 'em in stock, and the 3-4-3-8 is only slightly worse than the EB's 3-3-3-8. (And anyway, like Angry said the timings don't really matter). Plus, it uses UCCC IC's (and I'd never heard of the Infeon chips).

Oner last question, the Infeon chips apparently don't repons very well to VDimm increases, how do the UCCC chips compare?