Could someone recommend the best OCZ memory

buckrogers

Hi, I'm trying to decide what OCZ memory to buy. Idealy, I would like to have 2gig, but I realise having 4 sticks causes problems. So.... Heres my (flexible) requirements.

• I would like it to be fast, as tight timings as possible
  • I'd like to have 2gig (for BF2 etc..) but I see most people only use 1gig, so I'll see...
  • I'd like it to use good chips, e.g. TCCD. (just an example, entirely flexible, anything thats good for overclocking with)

I am (almost) definitily going to overclock (or at least try). So, does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance, Buck

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats different about the GX

EDIT: and if I only wanted 1gig what would people recommend

EDIT2: I looked at the chip type for the EB and found out that it uses the Infineon CE-6 chip, does anyone know anything about this chip, ie it's overclockerbility etc... Only, I havent seen any other kits that use that memory.

How well does the OCZ Plat PC4000 with EB work on an Intel (875) system? Should that be a worry? I want to get 2 gigs (BF2....damn BF2) plus i want PC4000 speed memory.

Thanks.

I have a kit of the Corsair 3500LL PRO with LED's on them in an 865PE Intel (DFI Lanparty) board and they work just fine.

the 3500LL PRO's are the exact same IC's as used on the 4000EB's.

and I have tested the OCZ 4000EB's in the P4 3.4Ghz Lanparty 865PE system also and it works just fine

overclocking...my P4 is already 3.4Ghz (Northwood Engineering Sample) so I don't need overclocking, but they are able to do 250 with a 2.8 LGA775 easily in the 875P-T motherboard...so I wouldn't worry much about it...you definitely need 2GB for BF2 and other games