My memory does not work in DUAL anymore !

I cant find the post but If I remember correctly there aD0 or somehting

I just got the board a week ago. I use CPUZ to find out the info on the board. and it said REV. A3. I can't find where on the board it says what rev. it is. Maybe everyone that have this RAM problem should list what rev. they have so we can see what rev. have what kind of problem. Some rev. have 3 led light up and some doesn't have that problem but relate to Dual channel.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're forgetting that the shop has tried out the MoBo and cleared it as operating ok. However Kakashi has possibly eliminated 2 possibilities - 1 Diff CPU and 2 Diff Memory (related back to the DDR500 vs memory compatibility)

Part of the key here may come from the components that your shop has used BangoO...

Hey BangoO, have you try to flash back to the older version of BIOS? If you haven't try it to see if it make any different.

Why would it make a difference ?

It did not work before I flashed it to the latest...

You are right Steve... but before going back to the shop, I want to try some combinations between the 2 sets of memory, the 2 CPUs, and the 2 mobos I have atm.

Here is what I have:

- new X2 3800+ (the one I tested on my rig before which did not change anything)

- the Asus A8N32

- my 2Go of G.Skill

- a standard PCI-E video card

I booted that in dual channel, it works.

Next step is... I switch my parts with these parts one by one, and I should be able to figure out where the problem lies !

Here is what I have:

- new X2 3800+ (the one I tested on my rig before which did not change anything)

- the Asus A8N32

- my 2Go of G.Skill

- a standard PCI-E video card

I booted that in dual channel, it works.

Next step is... I switch my parts with these parts one by one, and I should be able to figure out where the problem lies !

Ok, let's go back a little bit. You took your board back to the shop and they tested and it works fine. Did you try to give them you CPU and memory for testing too. If they tested your CPU and mother board with their RAM, and it works fine than it must be something with your RAM (even though it works with Asus, and even thought it does work before with the expert) It sound stupid but it happen sometime. However, If he use your RAM and their CPU and it works, well you know the answer. If every has been tested, and didn't solve the problem, I think you just RMA the board back to them. I will try today to FLash my BIOS to the latest version to see if I have any problem. Last time I did that I have a blank screen when I install Windows XP and I'm not the only one.

I tried *my* X2 3800+ in the "Asus rig" in dual channel, it does not boot !

As soon as I put the new X2 3800+, it works.

So... I tried the new X2 in my "DFI rig", it works :D

Tada... it's the CPU !

I don't understand why the 1st time I tested it, it did not worked (maybe then it was BIOS settings issues).

I am posting from my "DFI rig" in dual channel, believe it or not ! ;)

PS: one thing odd though, on the "Asus rig", the PC does not even boot in single channel with my defective X2...

What you just saw is why it is so d*mn hard to troubleshoot the problem down to what is truly wrong and everyone always first blames the mobo. Human nature I would presume. And the won't boot even in single channel on the Asus is just another thing that makes us wonder. But I have long ago learned to just roll with that sort of punch and go on. Hehehehe. Strange shett is mobos at times.

RGone...

I tried *my* X2 3800+ in the "Asus rig" in dual channel, it does not boot !

As soon as I put the new X2 3800+, it works.

So... I tried the new X2 in my "DFI rig", it works :D

Tada... it's the CPU !

I don't understand why the 1st time I tested it, it did not worked (maybe then it was BIOS settings issues).

I am posting from my "DFI rig" in dual channel, believe it or not ! ;)

PS: one thing odd though, on the "Asus rig", the PC does not even boot in single channel with my defective X2...

I now have this problem to with my Gskill HZ 2gb It will boot the first time but if the computer is turned off it won't boot at all. if i go into bios after resetting cmos it will not boot after leaving what ever i do. really need help. comps been working for months but changing the ram it doesn't work

Looks like my problems are not over yet...

With everything at stock speed, 2*Prime95 gives an error after 30s...

I tried a clear cmos to be sure that I did not have a bad BIOS setting, but it does not change anything...

This is with my A-Data.

This rig is really funny... I could boot Windows fine with my G.Skill, now it won't boot XP, no matter what settings I use, it reboots after 10-30s !