I'm going crazy with the stuttering in games.

Guest ElAguila

I believe for most it is an issue with the source games and the audio drivers. I had the same issue and put in a pci non soundblaster sound card and the problem went away.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When that happens to me it is caused by GPU thermal throttling. Sorry, but I can't think of any other reason where it would freeze then release unless it was GPU throttling. Anything else would lock it up permanently. It could be a combination of GPU throttling as well as a secondary program hogging processor power.

i tried that and it still seems to skip. my problem is that although i'm getting high framerates (100+) the game still seems to skip every couple of seconds. mine actually crashes aswell, but that's another issue. i've tried almost everything so far; format, drivers, disabling [dep, sound, devices], to no avail.

maybe you all can try increasing your pagefile size i know that you might have more than enough memory but i read somewhere that you still need it so try increasing it on all drives maybe that will work but maybe not won't take more than a few seconds just right click on my computer then properties, advanced, performance setting s and the increase .