I'm going crazy with the stuttering in games.

I took the overclock off, I tried different sets of drivers for both the chipset and vid card. I disabled the SATAs I wasn't using, and disabled the marvel lan as someone suggested.

When I FIRST put the system together, I did not stutter at all in games, now I stutter in every game. It's bad too, really bad.. sometimes it freezes for a full 15 or 20 seconds.

What the heck could be causing this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you ran the full suite of 3dMark benchmarks to determine whether or not you v/c performance has been degrading over time? Are you running any o/c on your v/c? Have you installed any programs recently that might coincide with the degraded video performance? Have you made any changes to you display or v/c settings that might have degraded video performance?

have you ran the full suite of 3dMark benchmarks to determine whether or not you v/c performance has been degrading over time? Are you running any o/c on your v/c? Have you installed any programs recently that might coincide with the degraded video performance? Have you made any changes to you display or v/c settings that might have degraded video performance?

I reformatted twice to try to get rid of it, and ran on STOCK settings for everything. tired multiple driver sets.

What are your GPU temps at?

Also i heard that the neopower is underpowering for the 7800gt since the rails fluctuated around 11.9. And then you add in your overclock. Check out your rails Underload, and also report back your GPU temps

Field Value

Sensor Properties

Sensor Type ITE IT8712F (ISA 290h)

GPU Sensor Type Driver (NV-DRV)

Motherboard Name DFI nF4 Series

Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures

Motherboard 41 °C (106 °F)

CPU 25 °C (77 °F)

North Bridge 40 °C (104 °F)

GPU 44 °C (111 °F)

Maxtor 6B300S0 29 °C (84 °F)

WDC WD1600JD-00HBB0 25 °C (77 °F)

Cooling Fans

Chipset 3068 RPM

Voltage Values

CPU Core 1.42 V

+3.3 V 3.31 V

+5 V 4.97 V

+12 V 11.97 V

+5 V Standby 5.00 V

VBAT Battery 3.07 V

CPU voltage is Special at like 104 or 108 right now, was trying to see if that'd help, no effect either way (stock or more).

I don't have tools to physically check the rails right here.