OC benchmarks looooow

Hoody

I am running stable at 250x10. I ran the benchmarks and I am comming in a lot lower than I should...In fact BEFORE OC I was getting 14,824 in 3DMark03. Now I get 12,375. My aquamark and memory results also seem lower compared to some other's results in teh OC database with similar hardware and overclocks.

OC results

3DMark03

Any ideas?

a few suggestions for you if you are lookin for help...

more info is always helpful, so include in your sig the bios ver you are using.

you say stable...your prime95 tests show 1 hour 39 min

stable here in dfi-street is at least an 8 hour prime.

is your mem on a divider? or you running 2.3.2.5 @250?

i always reboot between bench tests, did you load anything after you scored 14,824?

any way, i am sure someone will come along to give you more info, than I

nice rig u have there.!

a few suggestions for you if you are lookin for help...

more info is always helpful, so include in your sig the bios ver you are using.

you say stable...your prime95 tests show 1 hour 39 min

stable here in dfi-street is at least an 8 hour prime.

is your mem on a divider? or you running 2.3.2.5 @250?

i always reboot between bench tests, did you load anything after you scored 14,824?

any way, i am sure someone will come along to give you more info, than I

nice rig u have there.!

I ran Prime95 for 10 hours last night...I was re-running briefly due to a small timing change I made to the memory (benches were the same before/after that change I just mentioned).

no, I did not boot piror to running the bench, in fact it has been up 24 hours since I ran Prime95 last night.

no divider on the mem...but I have my 2-3-2-5 memory running at 3-3-3-8

I ran Prime95 for 10 hours last night...I was re-running briefly due to a small timing change I made to the memory (benches were the same before/after that change I just mentioned).

no, I did not boot piror to running the bench, in fact it has been up 24 hours since I ran Prime95 last night.

no divider on the mem...but I have my 2-3-2-5 memory running at 3-3-3-8

Man, reboot your computer before doing bench.

maybe try running a higher htt (fsb) with a lower multi and divider and check your results. also, make sure you have proper voltage to your htt and ldt and cpu as well. did you memtest your ram to check for errors? i would also go through and make sure you have as few as possible tasks running in the task manager. also, aquamark and 3dmark arent the best for testing cpu performance. try maybe sandra or everest or pcmark or superpi.

I thought that you can run 2.3.2.5 on an Intell but on an AMD the timing likes to go 2.5. 2.3.5, mine does, and thats with Corsair also. Thats if you leave it on Auto, I have my doubts that you can run it at 2 instead of 2.5 reliably. Just my thought.

I rebooted and re-ran the tests. still low.

All the settings are the same as they were BEFORE the OC. I want to try and keep the test prior and post OC the same so I have accurate tests...If I tweak the settings in the test than I won't get an accurate reading of my perfomance gain (or loss ;-) ).

So maybe some can explain this to me. As stated above running my RAM with no divider 250x10 I get lower benchmarks then stock. I add a divider to the memory and keep CPU at 250, the benchmarks get better...Here are my results with 3DMark03:

stock - 14,824

250x10 (no divider - 3-3-3-8) - 13,397

250x10 - 5/6 divider (208MHz 2.5-3-2-5) - 15,461

250x10 - 9/10 divider (227MHz 2.5-3-2-5) - 15,518

Do the timings make that much of a difference? it seems tighter timings are more important than bus speed to the memory; or at least it appears that way when running 3DMark03 as a benchmark.

question #2: Is the 5% gain I am seeing (in this benchmark at least) going from 200MHz to 250Mhz normal? [caveat: I have yet to run other benches...]