Looking for best mobo/cpu for $350 tops. Any Ideas?

scubadude

Was considering going to raid but for $350 mobo and cpu might be more fun.

Any suggestions for the best mobo/cpu combo that has agp onboard? I just bought an x800xt graphics card to pciX is a nogo.

Thanks

Scuba

well im running a nf3250gt ut price around $100 cpu is a 2600+ sempron E6 price around $80 over clocks very well only down fall is the cpu is locked at 8x so you have to go real high on HTT so theres a $180 upgrade youll have lots of fun with if i had to do it over again id go with the sempron 3100 around $120 making the deal around 210 or 230 then get you a xp90 cpu cooler

msmolt is right, you'll have a lot of fun with that combo! The Semprons O/C like mad dogs, especially the newer 64-bit models.

I've really enjoyed messing with mine, and it's a great way to learn about the AMD 64's without "breaking the bank".

I would get a dfi ultra-d 125$ and a opteron 144 168$ tigerdirect has the 144 instock and if they ran out they are gettting more on friday. you can also get a 146 or 148 if you can find one instock for the right price monarch sometimes has them for 200$ some times 230$