USB Keyboard and mouse support

Hi everyone,

First post, first DFI, first major problem, could be my last DFI!!!!!!!

Looks like I've been suffering like everyone else; loading windows was a pain but eventually got there after using the 3114 raid controller. The ATI just does not work.

Anyway, has anybody had any problems with USB devices; on loading windows my USB mouse moves like its running in treacle and my USB keyboard has about a second delay on the keystroke.

I haven't touched the keyboard rate in the BIOS, its all default. The keyboard was fine in the BIOS and even if I boot to DOS but will not work properly in windows.

Have any of you guys got any ideas at all about this.

Frustration is building rapidly and this expensive piece of PCB might just end up in the back yard!!!!!

Any reply would be welcome even if you just tell me to burn it.

I would say return it, get an NF4. Unless you want to run Crossfire (somehow lol). I've been trying for 3 days to try to get Windows to load and I still can't do it. I really hate this board. I'm sure if it worked it would be great. But I just can't get Windows working. Personally unless I can get this thing working perfectly withen the next few days I'm going to return it for an NF4.

There was a post made about problems with startup from USB keyboard and mouse. If you have these things set to start from USB then you might want to set it differently until a new BIOS is released.

When I set my computer to start from keyboard, it crashes or hangs. Thats the only problem I have had so far except user error dealing with a 4 pin molex going into an 8 pin socket.

I hope this helps

Thanks for the replys,

I don't want to change the board as I was waiting for the 1800 master to come out so I can run crossfire.

Will DFI take this board and exchange it like for like or do they test it and return it if they can't find anything wrong?

To the guy who can't load windows, are you by chance using a USB keyboard? I have been and couldn't get windows to load so I plugged in a PS2 and it loaded without any problems. Only thing is it's not my keyboard and when you have a decent USB keyboard why the devil should I have to buy a PS2 just so I can use this board.

USB support is terrible!!!!!

I would say return it, get an NF4. Unless you want to run Crossfire (somehow lol). I've been trying for 3 days to try to get Windows to load and I still can't do it. I really hate this board. I'm sure if it worked it would be great. But I just can't get Windows working. Personally unless I can get this thing working perfectly withen the next few days I'm going to return it for an NF4.

Are you installing windows using a USB keyboard? I couldn't get mine to load so I tried a PS2 and it loaded no probs.

I've loaded windows on using a usb mouse and this motherboard... 4 times actually, and not had a single problem. I didn't enable usb mouse support in bios - have you? mabye thats the problem.

Thanks for that I'll give it a try, my USB support has been enabled all the time

I had alllll sorts of USB problems, when I could get the board to take windows at least. Return that board. Seems that the number of people with showstopping problems FAR outwieghs the quiet few who have been able to get this board to work, not to mention crossfire....

Newegg just got mine back from me and is telling me that they are either out of stock or the product is "discontinued".....my $200 is blowing in the wind :(

well...it looks like a lot of problems on this board is USB related...primarily USB mouse.

Disable USB mouse support in the BIOS and everything should be good. If in case you get windows blue screens/file corruptions...it maybe the RAM...I had to up my voltage to 2.8 to get windows installed. I'm now running 225Mhz @3.1v but a Cas timming of 2.5

well...it looks like a lot of problems on this board is USB related...primarily USB mouse.

Disable USB mouse support in the BIOS and everything should be good. If in case you get windows blue screens/file corruptions...it maybe the RAM...I had to up my voltage to 2.8 to get windows installed. I'm now running 225Mhz @3.1v but a Cas timming of 2.5

Thanks, I'll try it. Only thing is I'm not able to work on it, bought the sodding thing just before work called and all I had time for was to get really p*!!ed off with it. I was close to smashing it to bits!!!

When I get home I'll try it.

• 2 months later...

My system hangs for about 30 seconds during boot while it tries to load my mouse (or while its just setting up the USB controller). If i disable the USB controller the system boots within 20-30 seconds but of course Windows doesn't load a mouse. Is there anyway of enabling the usb controller+mouse from windows or some way to configure the usb controller and telling it exactly what is where??

Onboard usb controller - Enabled

USB keyboard - Disabled (its PS2)

USB mouse - Disabled

Onboard IRDA - Disabled

CIR Port Address - Disabled