need PSU help!

Ok I just got all the parts for my computer and realizing I should have done further research on my PSU... I have been reading that you need a NATIVE 24-pin psu connector.

The psu I have has 20+4-Pin and have read that it wont be effective. Here is a link to my psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103937

can anyone tell me if this will work or not because im still unsure and need to know before I put it all together and it fries my mobo. I have seen that most people got the ocz modstream which looks like it has a 20+4-pin also

You didn't read the post carefully. There are four connectors on the board. Some power supplies have 2 main ones, which are the P4, and the +P4, which is a total of 8 pins. Then there's the main 24-pin ATX connector, which sometimes is modular (20+4pin). It's fine...really. It's supported...learn to read the names on the connectors man. You're getting yourself confused. :P

You didn't read the post carefully. There are four connectors on the board. Some power supplies have 2 main ones, which are the P4, and the +P4, which is a total of 8 pins. Then there's the main 24-pin ATX connector, which sometimes is modular (20+4pin). It's fine...really. It's supported...learn to read the names on the connectors man. You're getting yourself confused. :P

Ok so sounds like it will work then? this stuff really confuses me...just when I think I understand it gets 100x more complicated!! Im really new at this but im trying to learn as much as i can so thanks for bearing with me.

Many if not most of the new psu's have the plugs that comprise the 24 pin socket split. this is so theyy are backward compatable with mobos having a 20 pin power socket ie DFI LanParty UT NF3 Ultra-D. in tsuch a case the uneeded 4 pins are detachable as seen Hiper PSU Showing 24 Pin with detachable 4 pin

when plugging into a 24pin mobo the 4 pin & 20pin unit clip together.

luck