Plextor PX-716A - only multiword DMA mode 2 possible

I just got this DVD drive isntalled in my setup. Im jsut waiting on my x1800xt to arrive. So I know this for sure is a problem then when I get my setup going here. What else am I goign to have wrong? Check sig for spex. My HDD is SATA2

You should have no problems with the WD 2500KS, I have two of them working ok in my RDX200. I advise you to use the SATA1 to SATA4 ports to connect the HDD's, because SATA5 to SATA8 are much slower than SATA1 to SATA4.

In case you have some kind of problems with the HDD's, use the jumper to limit them to SATA 150 (or SATA I).

Regards,

You should have no problems with the WD 2500KS, I have two of them working ok in my RDX200. I advise you to use the SATA1 to SATA4 ports to connect the HDD's, because SATA5 to SATA8 are much slower than SATA1 to SATA4.

In case you have some kind of problems with the HDD's, use the jumper to limit them to SATA 150 (or SATA I).

Regards,

Use the jumper? What do you mean? This is my first custom build and first time using DFI. I have been told Imma have some fun with it an OC'ing, but gonna have a b***h of time setting up the BIOS. What are some things Imma experience with the board for sure that are gonna give me a headache?

Thank you for the response man.

The WD 2500KS have a jumper area that, with a jumper cap ON, forces the HDD to SATA 150 (or SATA I), instead of SATA 300 (or SATA II).

So, in order to force the HDD to SATA I, you need to put the jumper cap in the HDD. To have SATA II, you remove the jumper cap (factory default is jumper cap off, SATA II).

If you want to do some OC, flash the 2nd BETA BIOS. I had no troubles with this mobo, except that when the computer hangs (for any reason) I need to shut it down and then power it ON in order to be able to boot. If I use the reset switch after some hang, it will not reboot.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

I to had the problem with my Plextor 716A burner. I thought it was the programs I was useing at first. Thank god for this site, otherweise I would have gone nuts. wish they would get it to work better though.. it seems to drag down when I burn 16x.

• 2 months later...

This has been driving me insane I knew it wasn’t the drives after I got a replacement shipped to me. I was able to use them fine on an NVIDIA board, I can't even understand why it wouldn't let me even flash the drives on the DFI. I’ll try that zip hopefully it will work on my DFI after that. :(

-Edit Disabled UDMA works a treat now "2:30 burn + 4:20 mins verify 4,420MB on DVD-R