DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also having temperature problems with my new rig... I'm getting the following conflicting reports on the rig in my sig:

CPU:

bios: 21 idle

Smartguardian: 19 idle / 29 load

Everest: 41 idle / 42 load

PWMIC:

bios: 26 idle

Smartguardian: 26 idle / 32 load

Everest: 30 idle

I am about to start OCing this rig today, but I'm hesitant to do so without having ANY clue about my actual temps... any advice? which program should i go with when I'm OCing?

7 pages of thread and not a single response from DFI on this problem? :confused: I am having the same issues, running 12/07 bios and temps are way off and I am also worried about voltages. How are the voltage readings on this board? Are they accurate or do I have to bust out my DMM for those as well?

and is there a guide with pics of where to measure the voltages for vcore + vdimm on this board? I saw one for the "plain" NF4 Ultra-D but this board is different.

hmmmmmm...........

It will not make any difference if you make threads in forums that are 2,027 pages long since as has been stated before > No one in DFI engineering in Taiwan that can check/patch or otherwise change bios or hardwared, reads the forums or at least NOT 99% of the time. This forum is owned by AG and he and I and others try to keep it going in a fairly good direction but that is all of that.

I have seen about 3 or 4 long threads on the internet and they are mostly just wasted bandwidth. All would have done far more good to have used this address to have reached Taiwan where patches/fixes can be instituted. 2, 3, 400 users email them then you might see some movement. But here in the forum is no man's land. No good result whatsoever will come. It has been this way on every really odd thing about a DFI board and has NOT changed.

I have seen similar temps to the rest of the posters here and did so without panic at all and went right on to make this entry for the OCDB. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...49&postcount=86 My 3000Mhz entry in the OCDB with 'Expert'.

So with that and having told you where you need to all be emailing for results; I don't know what else to do. One thing I know is that no post in any forum will likely get a result. It is getting as close to the engineering and management and auditting staff with a need that moves any company and has been so since there 'were' companies.

RGone...

7 pages of thread and not a single response from DFI on this problem? :confused: I am having the same issues, running 12/07 bios and temps are way off and I am also worried about voltages. How are the voltage readings on this board? Are they accurate or do I have to bust out my DMM for those as well?

and is there a guide with pics of where to measure the voltages for vcore + vdimm on this board? I saw one for the "plain" NF4 Ultra-D but this board is different.

hmmmmmm...........

I would suggest that in the interest of a true patch/fix that any emails not be wandering non-validatable gibberish. System in use in full detail with full temp readings you see in place with your rigs. Gibberish and wandering will be disregarded by any engineer. They want facts as all you engineer types out there know.

RGone...

ok I have emailed them. we can see if it has any effect.

I suggest everyone following this thread to do the same. maybe then we get a patch.

No one in DFI engineering in Taiwan that can check/patch or otherwise change bios or hardwared, reads the forums or at least NOT 99% of the time. This forum is owned by AG and he and I and others try to keep it going in a fairly good direction but that is all of that.

Oh really?

The "Forum Rules" states:

This forums is run by DFI Support techs Angry_Games and RGone.

1. This is a help/support forum. We encourage all DFI owners to come here to seek help with any issues, or to talk about DFI-related things such as overclocking.

2. If you have a complaint about your DFI product, and are willing to be civil and reasonable, please don't be afraid to post in the appropriate section, depending on which motherboard you own.

Above all, this is a help forum. DFI Techs are here to assist users by their own choice.

(my highlights)

Now I see I'm in the wrong place, no support here. So be it.

Yes it is an "oh really" if you wish. Ain't got no fix in my pocket. Tried to give you help/support by pointing you in the direction that might bring a wake up call. Just about it as it they say.

RGone...

Oh really?

The "Forum Rules" states:

(my highlights)

Now I see I'm in the wrong place, no support here. So be it.

Ok, i'm sending this over to dfits

I'm using an Opteron 148 naked with an external temp probe, like this

opty+sonda.jpg

My rig here

Running @ 3.1 GHz (296x10.5) 1.62 V watercooled temp readings are:

Ambient: 20.2 C

Full load

BIOS (MBM): 33 C

Temp probe: 41.4 C

Water temp: 28.3 C

Idle

BIOS (MBM): 25 C