DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The temp readings are just the same as on the previous nf4 boards. At idle, my CPU was 4-5K below water temperature, about 3-4K above it under load.

"Normally", if you add like 5-6K to the shown temp, you should be somewhere near safe...

But hey, it's the same thing with voltages. Those were reported too low also, at least that's fixed.

The temp readings are just the same as on the previous nf4 boards. At idle, my CPU was 4-5K below water temperature, about 3-4K above it under load.

"Normally", if you add like 5-6K to the shown temp, you should be somewhere near safe...

But hey, it's the same thing with voltages. Those were reported too low also, at least that's fixed.

tanslation K=C :shake:

So mine is reporting 18-23 idle and 30 max load as well.

my question: The BIOS is set to only turn on my HFS if > 25c

if the sensors are in fact incorrect then my CPU is running hotter with no fan. Should I force HSF on 100% of the time since I can't trust the temp sensors?

my question: ...Should I force HSF on 100% of the time since I can't trust the temp sensors?

that's exactly what i did except i chose not to use the fan headers on the mobo at all, opting instead to use direct power from the psu.

my question: The BIOS is set to only turn on my HFS if > 25c

if the sensors are in fact incorrect then my CPU is running hotter with no fan. Should I force HSF on 100% of the time since I can't trust the temp sensors?

i've got a dual core Opteron which is one hot mofo if you know what i mean so my 24/7 speed FOR NOW is 1.44v 2.6GHz until DFI (hopefully :rolleyes: ) fix this

if you keep your volts fairly low <1.45 you don't need to go full blast

i use a dead slow case fan from Gigabyte 3D Aurora case so this bastard never even goes past 1000RPM heheh

My temps seems correct now with BIOS 12/07

My X2 3800+ @ 2600MHz and 1.6V idle at 25-27 C and 37-38 C at full load

i'm glad you said "seem" correct.............i don't think so......unless you have your windows open with some riduculously cold ambient temps

pls specify cooling info

If you flash with the lastest beta bios (NF4EDC07) and have a look back through the list of bios's you will see that the Opteron is now supported by the Expert board since N4BLD17 (enhance memory support / support AMD opteron 939 & Cool & Quite Function), then the next bios was (support FX-60's) and the latest bios clears up the issue of over volting the CPU at post.