DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a read-receipt request with my email to the address provided above, 3 days ago, and apparently nobody has even looked at it yet. Rgone, who exactly is that email address to? Has anyone else received a response of ANY kind from the company on this issue?

this is NOT life-ending or anything, as I'm able to connect a sensor to get more accurate readings, BUT, this does negate all of my system protection programs and the entire health status portion of BIOS, so a fix would still be swell! It's nerve-racking to leave this thing on overnight now! lol.. DOH!

So perhaps some sort of official response from the company would be great. Rgone, please let someone there know that a response has been requested. Thanks ahead of time!

Add me to the list... mine idles at default votage at 18-19C and its 23C in this room.

My chipset with the stock cooler was 49C and now with water its 35-38C.... seems accurate.

I'm on water and I wish it were true but its not.

Hard to overclock when you have no idea what your CPU temps are... rather they be too high than this.

Hi! I'm testing my new rig (in signature) and i'm a bit concerned about this temperature issue:

I flashed the bios 12/07

The room's temp of my lab is 20 C~

My case is OPEN

I have XP 120 + SilverStone FM121 (110.03CFM!) @ 70% speed

Not running others fan

I'm running the CPU @ 250x10 / 1,35v * 104,8% = 1,415v

Memory run @ 1:1 / 1T

Here my IDLE temps reported by SmartGuardian:

CPU: 26-28 C

PWMIC: 30 C

CHIPSET: 40 C

What do you think? Are these "credible"?

Tx for the replies! :)

26c is too low IMO. What's your ambient/case temps? Mine was showing the same temps when my case probe was showing 28c. Finally I've got a board that shows the right temps after two RMA.

My ambient temp is about 20 C

The case is OPEN, so ...

I sent a read-receipt request with my email to the address provided above, 3 days ago, and apparently nobody has even looked at it yet.

Just because you ask for a read-receipt doesn't mean the email system on the other end acknowledges it.

I strictly use web based email just for that purpose.

I think I waited for about 9 months to get the CRC errors fixed on the MSI KT400 Ultra.

6 months to get the 6/19 Bios all squared away on the DFI NF2s.

Frustrating I know but if you are feling downheartened stop in at the Abit, MSI, Asus, or Gigabyte forums and listen to the gnashing of teeth and wailing at the bios gods.

You guys should see the private forums that most manufacturers have for internal support.

I'm bound by NDA's for all of them but jeez it's crazy out there.

Acer has the best corporate support system of them all.