how can I tell if im bieng hacked?

Grunt_Style

accually just by guessing.....the zonealarm has a lable for each program as well as an IP adress. if the name sounds familiar( i.e. a download manager i use or a website i access alot) i let it pass. if i dont like the name or dont trust it(i.e. tinyteens or megajugs and whatnot) i dont let it pass.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you reaching your suspisions?

Has anything odd been happening on your PC?

Remember that a lot of traffic could be from old infected PC's trying to put a worm on your PC (Port 139), and you also get a lot of netbios traffic thats pretty much harmless.

Unless something specific is happening and your firewall is going berzerk then I think you have nothing to worry about.

long story short:

i wanted my neice to check out something online. her friends brother was on the computer. i told her to kick him off....or id run a skip trace on thier IP and nuke his computer using a website we were both on at the time(note: i compleatly made this term up.....it refers to skip trace credit checking). truth is i was just talkin trash to get him off. later i find out hes a super geek who does hack....no bs. ive bit offf more than i can chew this time. and ill freely admit that. over the last few days minor annoying thins have been happening. cant run dos aplications anymore....something to do with system32autoexec.nt not suitable for running dos and ms windows apps. my nec DVD burner works......but wont burn DVD's only cd's/VCD's.

and it only reads at 12x instead of 58x.

just all around minor things are going haywire and they started the same day.

like i said its probabluy paranoia. but i want to be sure.

if someone has control of your computer then there will be evidence of this, such as a warning that someone else is logged on when trying to shutdown the computer and other odd things happening, google all running processes from the task manager for a description if you do not know what they areyou know you are not running it as any program running on your PC will be displayed in there along with its memory,CPU usage and the user account that is running it be it network, system you or anybody else.

good luck

Don't think you're being hacked, there are far more painful ways to punish someone for leaving this ports open, He would also had to install a trojan to grasp your password and then he would only be able to acces your PC through Telnet since he's not in the same workgroup or domain. I think your windows is just due for a fresh install and being paranoid just makes it more obvious.