Case Lighting Questions

my main questions for now:

1) in most cases, is 1 blacklight enough?

2) what do you all think about those sound sensitive cathodes?

Depending on what your finances will allow, I think 2 lights is preferable. One to light up beneath the cards and the other to light up above or in back. Look through a case gallery (like the one here at OCC) and take note of the lighting in the cases. You can usually tell if a case has only one light.

Edited by ravix

There's a store that sell sound sensitive CCFL with a plug that goes in the speaker out of the mobo, so the only reaction you get is when sound comming out of the speakers is heard and you can lower your speakers as low as you want without loosing your flash

Got the link but the store is out of stock,you could e-mail him for info

http://www.lux-design.com/cathode.html

Now that sound sensitive one that kobalt shown looks sweet! I can tell you from personal experience that if you get a sound activated module, make sure that it can go from flash to on b/c your fans will produce noise that will really screw with the lights. Also, you have to check the sensitivity; if you have it too sensitive it will flash to your fans instead of music, if you have it not sensitive enough, it won't flash at all. With uv get at least 2 lights, I made the mistake of getting only one and I regret it now... Check out svc.com as they have all that stuff (don't let the blue led on the sound activated module impress you as it will die in about 2 days).