DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

With improved DDR 400 4 DIMM 1T capability ... DDR600 2T 4 TCCD is easy now as well ... Try to set driving setting level 9 + data drive level 4 ... dram voltage 2.92V ~ 3.00V ...

anyone getting DDR600 with 4 stcks??

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With improved DDR 400 4 DIMM 1T capability ... DDR600 2T 4 TCCD is easy now as well ... Try to set driving setting level 9 + data drive level 4 ... dram voltage 2.92V ~ 3.00V ...

Do u have any more suggestions for DDR600 2T??

I have seem to hit a wall at 275FSB DDR550 memtest reports like 12 errors in test no 7.

Guest Crusader
Have anyone of you tried the latest official bios for this board? i've heard that some people who updated their bios have some issues when booting up their rigs.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

Yes been running the beta BIOS (which is exactly the same as the new just released BIOS) for a while and I have not encountered any issues with booting up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

It seems that this MB and BIOS do not like TCCD modules .. other than RGone I have not easily found other results that can match.

Have a look at this thread here as I have posted some settings for DDR600 with dual modules 2T ... seems that there is no one around who can help further. I have another set of TCCD modules but these together with the others set do not play nicely together due to their different chip makup... can try later for 4x if you need some other help.

GL and I will be very interested in how you get on.

EDIT: Seems like the Expert has taken out my good 146 (3.4G) .... would not boot up... CPU gone :confused:

Do u have any more suggestions for DDR600 2T??

I have seem to hit a wall at 275FSB DDR550 memtest reports like 12 errors in test no 7.

nTune is not supported by DFI.

It's on DFI's site, and on the CD that came with my DAGF.

?

I tried MBM5 and it claimed my CPU was anywhere from 5-17C regardless of load.

I'd rather believe ntune's monitorview, which claims it's around 26c idle, and 38-42c at load. Sounds a tad more accurate, especially when I run 1.65v, and the heatsink gets hot. Doesn't feel like 17c. :)

DFI does not support the use of nTune.

It's on DFI's site, and on the CD that came with my DAGF.

?

I tried MBM5 and it claimed my CPU was anywhere from 5-17C regardless of load.

I'd rather believe ntune's monitorview, which claims it's around 26c idle, and 38-42c at load. Sounds a tad more accurate, especially when I run 1.65v, and the heatsink gets hot. Doesn't feel like 17c. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

I´m having a strange problem, maybe someone here can help me.

everytime I enable raid 5 at the SIL3114 controler my sound gets messed up (lots of cranking and distortion).

I´m using 3x 400Gb Hitachi sata hard drives. The sound card is a Sound Blaster XFI Elite Pro.

The distortion is related to the SIL controler, I´ve got no doubts about that. If I disable raid 5 everything works perfectly. Currently I have 2 HD´s in a RAID 1 configuration and got no problems at all.

I´ve noticed that both sound card and SIL controler are on the same IRQ, at boot, and at windows.

Can it be a bus problem? Read somewhere that we must mannually assign different IRQ´s for the 2 devices. The problem is... XP... the OS does that automatically. Microsoft suggests turning of ACPI option at BIOS and reinstall windows... (ACPI assigns the IRQ´s at windows) but that would be killing the "Plug and Pray" beauty of the system... would not be suitable for me.

Already tried to switch the pci slot of the sound card, but still got no success (same IRQ assigned all the times),

The sata cables are shielded... PSU cables are shielded... so... no EMI issue here...

got any suggestions?

Thanks!