What is Your Chipset Temp?

I used to have 54-56 with stock hsf, now i'm at 47-50 after reapplying hsf with AS4.

CPU idles around 32-33 overclocked, mb temp always reads at like -20 to -30 degrees C? anyone else get this?

Load it goes anywhere up to 40,50 degrees

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little bit concerned about my 68C for chipset temp.

It's true that it's passive (Zalman NB47J), 100% load, +0.1V from default, HTT300 (x8 for an even 2400 on the CPU), and in 2D computer is near-silent.

Stable for now...

I am just getting started w/ OC'ing this machine, and have not yet put things in the case, so my numbers may be unnaturally low so far.

My CPU idles arounf 25, and my chipset around 40. I OC'd to 300 x 9 (w/ RAM dialed way back) and ran SuperPi 32M, producing CPU temps of 34 to 37C. Curiously, my passively cooled chipset was still around 40. I expected it to warm up wuth a load.

hmm mine idles around 45c and loads under gaming around 51c but that is with a 512mb gtx running 630/1850 over it .. gonna get much hotter when i add my second one .. gonna have to fix that somehow .. if i was brave enough i would try and remove the stock cooler and put some as5 .. but i dont have luck taking them off

my pwmic hits 55c under gaming as well .. running 1.57vcore @ 2950

since im running my scythe ninja .. i have no air being blown down over it .. but i also right now have no airflow in my case .. just the side panel off

With the stock nb chipset hsf you should be 35c @ idle. If you don't have a

vented graphics card it dumps about 100 watts of heat under the card so that

heat has to go around to the nb hsf to reach the exhaust fans at the top of

the case. That scenario can add 20c to nb temps @ idle. Venting graphic card

heat directly through the slots from a squirrell cage fan/duct will take care of

that problem. It might be cheaper to get aftermarket upgrade for the graphics

card.