Psu Wires

the only wires that really cause a problem in my case are the IDE's and the PSU wires. The IDE's I can easily fix by putting in rounded IDE's. What is the best soltion for the PSU wires? (links to products and pics welcome)

i had similar threads to these....for the psu you can go either split loom from the autostore or you can get sleeving or even UV sleeving

personally i have UV sleeving and there are guides everywhere for them..http://www.pcbritt.com/sleeveguide.htm UV sleeving

http://www.casemodgod.com/cable_management.htm split loom

http://www.bit-tech.net/article/64/ UV sleeving

xoxcide.com is a good place for UV sleeving (spl?)

i got mine form crazypc.com cause its in where i live

Looks like that's all I need guys! Thanks! (I'll post pics once I get it done, probably about 2 weeks from now).

edit...

sloan, could you post the link to the how-to? i can't really seem to find it on the site. i can only go to the how-to's listed and i can't seem to find a search tool on the site.

Edited by kup22r

My advice on PS is always the same,to reduce clutter get rid of cables you dont need

That server 1"flat molex cable,when are you going to use that :huh: you're running AMD that pentium molex 2 yellow 2 black is of no use to you(unless you want to turn coat on AMD some day lol)

What i did is i cut them off and heat shrunk them 1" of the psu card inside the box now all i have showing is 2 cables with power molex and my mobo cable.Clean and efficient.

It really dosn't matter if those cables are there or not your PS will work fine without them

Once that is done sleave or loom them ;)

Edited by kobalt

Thnx guys,yes it's car paint and as i said it works no problems.

And if you wanted to you could make the whole enclosure plexiglass(you'd have to check for the space inside your box first.)

this one is the same for cables but WITHOUT THE MOBO CABLE i made that one to supply power to mods(lights and stuff) only, and it's sitting on top of my case :P

It's hooked to the green and black of the red PSU inside the case and powers up at the same time as the system

Too bad i can only get one image in <_<

Edited by kobalt

kobalt, nice setup. i can't really see at this minute which wires you were talking about that i don't need, but when i open the case i will look into it. do you have any links for messing around with the psu and psu wires?

...also, i'm still looking for a store online with that tubing shown in the UV sleeving link above.

Not really,when i opened it i was just careful of what i was doing.I dont know your level of understanding wires and stuff,but it looked pretty simple to me.

All color wires are plugged to the same spot(meaning red in one etc) wich answered a big question i had as to can we plug many things to 1 cable and a few to the other the answer was yes since all wires are welded to the 12v,5v ground spot.

Just take your time and watch where screws go (take pics as you go) you.ll see when you have the card in your hand,there's not much to it and it can be easily be modified.Even grounding the card to something else than the metal box is a breeze it is grounded using three screws retaining the card to the metal box,Welding wires to those spots and attaching them to the ground pin of the PS plug you can do a complete clear box (see pic i used transparent wires to 3 corners)

Hope this helps a bit ;)