Stock Speed Database DISCUSSION THREAD

I just logged into these forums a little bit ago and saw a pm from lithotech about this thread. No - I never did get the 4 1gb sticks to work. It is pretty sad too, I should probably sell off my second set of sticks because all they are doing is collecting dust.

One this is for sure though, this is the last DFI board I ever buy.

-Verxion

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just logged into these forums a little bit ago and saw a pm from lithotech about this thread. No - I never did get the 4 1gb sticks to work. It is pretty sad too, I should probably sell off my second set of sticks because all they are doing is collecting dust.

One this is for sure though, this is the last DFI board I ever buy.

-Verxion

The inability of getting 4 sticks of ram stable isn't the fault of the motherboard. It all comes down to the memory controller, ram and knowledge of the timings. The boards are capable if everything else is.

Edit: I'm really not sure why you thought this needed to be posted here.

The inability of getting 4 sticks of ram stable isn't the fault of the motherboard. It all comes down to the memory controller, ram and knowledge of the timings. The boards are capable if everything else is.

Edit: I'm really not sure why you thought this needed to be posted here.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to post this either. As Praz says, it isn't the motherboard that is the problem when running 4x512 and 4x1024 RAM modules.

It is all up to the AMD memory controller that is integrated into the cpu itself.

Motherboard bioses can try to help, but in the end, it isn't the fault of the motherboard. But feel free to blame it on the motherboard and never buy another DFI if that is set in your mind.

The reason I replied in this thread is because it was one of the very few places where people were willing to help me.

And it was the near total LACK of support from DFI that has soured me on the company. Just so I am clear.

-Verxion

all right...so you have 4x1GB of some OCZ PC4000's

have you looked at the entry in this section for 4x1GB OCZ Gold EL PC4000 modules? There's one in here somewhere I'm quite sure, and the settings from that should give you a good direction to go in.

You can also look at the Ballistix PC4000 4x1GB entry(s?) in here...they are good for reference also.

Look through here (and heck, there's even an entry or two for 4x1GB OCZ's and Ballistix in the Overclocking Database - 939 section), and let me know what you are having problem(s) with.

This is the place for some Stock Speed help, and I don't remember you posting in here before unless I missed it, so let's see if we can fix it for you and start off on a fresh foot.

My posts were in this very thread. You began helping me but then you never came back. Some other kind souls jumped in, but I never got it resolved.

My memory is actually PC3200 and that is the issue - the stock speed database has entries for 4xPC4000 but -*NOT*- for 4xPC3200.

So as a result, I didn't have a good baseline to even start with.

-Verxion

actually there are PC3200 kits in this db, just the same as yours...though only 2x1GB...but that's the baseline to go from

see what the settings are for in all the entries that have your memory, and then make some adjustments based on your machine to getting it stable

I suggest going by the existing PC3200 OCZ entries but dropping to 2T, and if that isn't stable, drop down to the DDR180 divider, and if that doesn't work, try the DDR166 divider.

If that still doesn't work, then I suggest testing 2x1GB at a time to make sure each 2GB kit is stable by itself, and then we'll go from there.

Happy, I have an entry ready for 2x1024 OCZ Gold GX PC4000/Expert/4400+. I have the same RAM as one of your other entries, but a different board and chip. Should I create a new thread, or will you unlock your thread?

if there's no existing thread using the same RAM/CPU/MOBO then you will have to make a new one.

I could have sworn I tested the GX 4000 on a my Expert + 4400...

Meh... I can't say I wouldn't like one, but if you don't find the time I'll manage.

Besides, I mostly just SPAM the off-topic forum because I have my stuff working well, and don't really have the knowledge to try and help others in the other forums.

I'm planning to get an OCDB entry done in the next few days, seeing as it is cold again.