Stock Speed Database DISCUSSION THREAD

Guest Timmay

Angry Do you mind if you unlock my post so I can post a pick of an A64 mem settings in there also?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy,

Sorry, I fixed my post in the SSDB. I didn’t realize I was to use the code tag and I don’t know why I remove all the spaces. My post now appears as the 939database_template does.

I hope that the extra screen shots of Everest and A64 Tweaker are ok. If not, please let me know and I’ll remove them.

I did add 1 line in my post that was not in the 939database_template (Write CAS Latency (Twcl)...................... - Auto). My BIOS has this line and I hope this is acceptable.

Sorry for not paying attention to detail I know you have more important things to do than to try to clear up my mistakes. If everything looks ok will you please delete your post #2 under my SSDB entry. This will give the thread a cleaner look. Then I will not feel like such a idiot every time I look at the SSDB thread.

Thank’s for your time.

Happy,

Sorry, I fixed my post in the SSDB. I didn’t realize I was to use the code tag and I don’t know why I remove all the spaces. My post now appears as the 939database_template does.

I hope that the extra screen shots of Everest and A64 Tweaker are ok. If not, please let me know and I’ll remove them.

I did add 1 line in my post that was not in the 939database_template (Write CAS Latency (Twcl)...................... - Auto). My BIOS has this line and I hope this is acceptable.

Sorry for not paying attention to detail I know you have more important things to do than to try to clear up my mistakes. If everything looks ok will you please delete your post #2 under my SSDB entry. This will give the thread a cleaner look. Then I will not feel like such a idiot every time I look at the SSDB thread.

Thank’s for your time.

TWCL = was removed on all bioses after 6/23/2005 because setting it to anything but AUTO or 3 would result in a no-boot situation (this is why it is not in the template as I created the template with 7/04-2BTA or later bios)

I've cleaned up and locked the thread. Many thanks for fixing it up.

Hope you didn't get the idea that I was pissed off...text on the internet isn't very good at expressing anything (unless filled with colorful cursing). My post/reply was simply a business-like emotion stating to get it fixed (before I sent Praz to kick your butt hahahaha)

;)

the A64 tweaker shots...I'm going to remove them

again it is defeating the purpose of the SSDB

you list all of your hardware and your BIOS version for a reason, and you manually set certain settings for a reason, and you leave others on Auto because they don't need to be touched.

When noobs show up and read your entry, they can know that leaving such-and-such setting(s) on Auto is ok...putting an A64 Tweaker screenshot after all of the settings can (and will) totally confuse the user.

Especially for the fact that like cpu-z, some of the settings in A64 Tweaker can change, as well as they aren't labeled like the BIOS DRAM Config is labeled in some cases.

SSDB = less confusion gives better results.

Remember guys...the SSDB is for noobs and anyone just trying to get their system setup. Those of us that make entries...we are not rookies...we are extremely experienced for the most part, which is why we have entries also in the Overclocking Database. We must always remember that not many are as good as we are, which is why we have the noob section here (SSDB) for people who are not even close to being as experienced as we are....they need direction and a starting point so they too can gain experience and make it to the OCDB.

Guest LithoTech
So yes optimized settings are great, even at stock speeds, but they are merely a goal to achieve after first achieving a solid foundation of relaxed, default, SPD, AUTO settings.

Therefore, I will post a new entry, pasting my original entry as a reply to it. I'll let you know here when I've done it.

Had a look through all my entry screens, and while I did have screens of default, auto, or SPD settings, none of them had 24h P95 in them. Doh!

Haven't had a chance to rerun it, been tinkering with the hardware lately and now priming a new (to me) kit of GeIL ONE TCCD... yup, 200htt SSDB goodness as I let these little One's get to know Ms Opty.

Once that is done I have some more tinkering to do before letting the reins out a bit on the TCCD, then back to the BH5 for a rerun before trying for an OCDB on the TCCD.

Musical Ram anyone? :D

Happy_Games

I'll have these entries to post in the next day or so.

2x1024MB OCZ PC4000EB / LanParty NF4 "Expert" / Athlon64 3700+

2x1024MB G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 HZ / LanParty NF4 "Expert" / Athlon64 3700+

Do they go in existing threads or new ones?

Guest LithoTech
2x1024MB OCZ PC4000EB

2x1024MB G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 HZ

Actually, they work best in the orange slots. :) Preferably MY orange slots lol. :P

Heheh, a guy can covet once in a while eh? :D

Blew my 36+ hour stock speed prime. Wasn't a problem at all with P95, it was MBM that went bazerk! I had logging enabled and I think my FTP site filled up and MBM choked when it couldn't upload the logs. It started spitting up error boxes and then the screen went haywire.

So I've got to rerun that, later, because I had quite a bit different settings in auto from this BIOS than the one posted in the SSDB.

Taking a break from stock, I tried to wind up these TCCD a bit and everything was fine untill I tried the second spec on them: 2.5-4-4-7 which should be good to 300mhz.

However, I get errors in memtest test 1 and 3 right off the bat at 200mhz with that timing.

Trying 2.5-4-3-7 results in the same.

I'm thinking it has to be one of the auto settings that it doesn't like at that timing, regardless of speed.

I would post this in the OC area, except that I'm still at square one with these GeIL One's and the 2.5-4-4-7 may not be stock HTT for the cpu, but is still supposed to work at 200mhz is it not?

I'm going to mess around with them a little more, get them off auto completely, and try again. If I take another run at a 24 hour SSDB it'll give me time to read up on this some more.

Happy_Games

I'll have these entries to post in the next day or so.

2x1024MB OCZ PC4000EB / LanParty NF4 "Expert" / Athlon64 3700+

2x1024MB G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 HZ / LanParty NF4 "Expert" / Athlon64 3700+

the 4000EB + Expert can go into my existing thread where I test 4000EB on an Expert (I'll edit the thread title to reflect different cpu's)

Unless someone already ahs teh Gskill memory you have on an Expert board, it gets a new thread. If there's already a thread with that memory on that board, then it gets added in.