SATA 150 HD Read as ATA 133 at Start Up

• 7 months later...

My SATA300 drive is also shown as an ATA133 drive at the BIOS Screen just before "Starting Windows XP" pops up, but my burst speed wouldn't be this high (204MB/s) if my drive was somehow limited to ATA133 speeds I guess.

If 128MB/s is your "average read speed", you must have 2 raptors in raid0 ?

If 128MB/s is your burst speed, something ain't right, since my WD 320GB SATA300 RE shows a burst speed of 204MB/s, and the Raptor should be somewhat quicker. ( only did the quick 8mb test. )

Maybe the burst speed has something to do with my larger 16MB cache!?

Still, the average read speed is much more important in general.

What's your average read speed?

Did you remember to turn on the SIL SATA ports from within the Genie Bios section?

(I only ask this, since I know WinXP will install ATA controllers even if they aren't enabled from within the BIOS)

As someone already asked, why do you want to do anything like that? SATA 150 states that the theoretical max is 150MiB/s and you will not ever be near that without a serious raid or SCSI. Don't mess around and waste time since it won't give you ANYTHING.

Hi i have a SATA 2 disk (Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB SATA2 8MB) but it seems it uses SATA 1, i get ~125MB/s burst speed. How can i enable SATA 2?

it also says SATA 1 in device manager