Corsair DDR1 + DFI Lanparty NF4 939 (stock, stable settings for many t

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't suppose you got the chance to try some Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2 v3.1 eh? I cannot get my machine to stop crashing.

--Hudson

no but i can request some of this if you are having a major problem

as David asked, please give us as much info as you can and I will make a request to receive this memory to test it

Angry: Yeah, pretty serious problem in that I can get into Windows, but any game or 3D Application I run crashes, here's my thread with what I've tried (maybe I missed something?):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29490

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Please note: I will be bringing home a different brand of RAM to try since everyone here seems to agree DFI and Corsair don't mix for some reason. I may end up switching to a different brand regardless just so when I am ready to overclock I know my RAM won't be holding me back, but if you can figure out how to get TwinX1024-3200C2 v3.1 to run stably I'm sure I'm not the only one with that kit that would appreciate it... Anyhow, I am very appreciative of the help and suggestions I've received here, it's saved me from hanging myself in frsutration. :sad:

--Hudson

Addendum: The memory database at techPowerUp states my v3.1 kit uses Infineon B-5 chips. Would you suggest that if I can find timings for other memory modules based on the Infineon B-5 chips that they should work, or different brands with the same chips still have different PCB and thus are not comaprable?

I'd like to not have to buy different RAM if I can avoid it, at least until a later date when I am recovered from buying the DFI board, X2 4200+ CPU and GeForce 7800GTX card... :drool:

--Hudson

Sorry, world record 3DMark score, not world record overclock necessarily, I dunno what world record overclock is for AMD. Still, impressive results.

--Hudson

• 1 month later...
... I will be bringing home a different brand of RAM to try since everyone here seems to agree DFI and Corsair don't mix...

Is this true?

I got some CMXP512-3200XL (in XMS X-pert Twinx pack=1gb) for Christmas...Haven't tried them yet as I'm still waiting for the Hiper Type-R 580w PSU to arrive (Probably January now)

Also...How come the bold type on the label Says "CMX.." and the normal Writing says "XMS3200"

For info it also says "XMS3208v1.2 0516151-1" in really small writing in the top-right corner of the label" (would have scanned but using Dial up at the mo)

Is this true?

I got some CMXP512-3200XL (in XMS X-pert Twinx pack=1gb) for Christmas...Haven't tried them yet as I'm still waiting for the Hiper Type-R 580w PSU to arrive (Probably January now)

Also...How come the bold type on the label Says "CMX.." and the normal Writing says "XMS3200"

For info it also says "XMS3208v1.2 0516151-1" in really small writing in the top-right corner of the label" (would have scanned but using Dial up at the mo)

Well thats what everyones says . But it works good for me . guess you just have to spend some time with it. its easy to say some ram ant good if you just try setting from everyone else instead of finding out what settings work best for your board :rolleyes: Them are some good ram you got there . TccD of anything is a good thing. ALL CORSAIR XL RAM IS TCCD

• 2 weeks later...
Well thats what everyones says . But it works good for me . guess you just have to spend some time with it. its easy to say some ram ant good if you just try setting from everyone else instead of finding out what settings work best for your board :rolleyes: Them are some good ram you got there . TccD of anything is a good thing. ALL CORSAIR XL RAM IS TCCD

Well I've finally managed to fit it all in the new box (NZXT LEXA..Lurvely!) but I cant get it to go past the windows splash screen...I've tried the settings recommended by RAM Guy on the Corsair forum to no avail... and unfortunately I'm too much of a noob to feel comfortable with messing with the settings, I dont know what it all means!

Any Suggestions, has anyone else got this RAM working on the NF4 Lanparty?

What settings have you tryed ?

Same as Post #3 (angrygames)

Plus stock (defaults)

Currently trying to install XP pro (32bit) too but it keeps rebooting when it gets to the "checking system for previous installs.." message.

I'm so annoyed as I got rid of some dodgy Hynix Ram and splashed out on Seriously expensive Corsair Xpert stuff, believing what the Compatibility guide on their website told me!

Now the problem is even worse! I mean yeah sure it looks pretty but hey...hardly seems fair that it doesn't work at defaults after all the money I spent!

Maybe I should just save up and buy an ASUS mobo or something.I've heard they are more stable by far?