Is there any point to buying value ram over the expensive stuff on the

Mixman

DO NOT PUT VALUE MEMORY IN THE DFI NF4 LANPARTY MOTHERBOARD

don't read stupid reviews that say it is ok, or that you don't need good (notice i did not say most expensive) memory

your DFI LANPARTY MOTHERBOARD IS NOT ANY OTHER BRAND OF BOARD

IT WILL NOT WORK WITH VALUE MEMORY

and for those who would like to come in here saying im full of .....I am not. When you do my job for a week straight, you will keep your mouth closed about such things forever after you see the volume of users that show up to tech support with VALUE memory and power supplies and cannot get their DFI NF4 to boot.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT PUT VALUE MEMORY IN THE DFI NF4 LANPARTY MOTHERBOARD

don't read stupid reviews that say it is ok, or that you don't need good (notice i did not say most expensive) memory

your DFI LANPARTY MOTHERBOARD IS NOT ANY OTHER BRAND OF BOARD

IT WILL NOT WORK WITH VALUE MEMORY

Hey, thanks for sayin' it, loud an clear. Sure helps me on my next build. No value ram.

Rock on dude!

Cool Angry. I asked at several other forums and a lot of people called me crazy for even wanting to get anything above value ram.

My reason for getting really good ram is that I don't want to keep RMA'ing ram that will not OC to where I want it to. I want to get the stuff that will let me get the timings and speed that I am after without gambling.

but as has been stated if the ram runs at PC3200 with the A64 there is little performance gains.....use a divider even Angry will tell you CPU mhz is king not ram mhz!

Well..I clearly should not advocate the crucial valuram as Angry states the chance is high it will not work

I guess OCZ Platinum rev 2 is the way t ogo..good OCer but it was more than I wanted to spend....

The real nice thing is OCZ customer support is great

well some VR is good

so angry cant say all VR is bad. but most is a better word

like the kingstons if you manage to find some tcc5 sticks =]

which might take you days to find at local stores.. as long as the store owners dont get pissed off with you ripping up there store

45$ a 512 pop

another way to look at it is this: the price differance beetween Value ram and Good ram(for 1 gig) is about the price your pay for a video game. a small price to pay really. Yet it makes all the differance in the world. so IMO

totaly worth it.

I was also looking for good+cheap RAM that would most certainly work

with the board. Ballistix was way cheaper than "super" ram and was only

~50$ more expensive than value ram (thats 2x512)

Good luck finding memory :-)

Well I don't want to have to use too low a divider, that's why I want to get little better than Value ram, but I will not get the super expensive stuff either.

why does it matter....running ram 1:1 does nothing for performance...gains are so small

I am using a 9:10 divider....but would use what I need...I would look into 2gb also

why does it matter....running ram 1:1 does nothing for performance...gains are so small

I am using a 9:10 divider....but would use what I need...I would look into 2gb also

Don't mind a divider so much, but I don't want to stray too far away from 1:1. 9/10 is cool but I want to get away from 5/6 and lower.

I was thinking about 2GB but everyone says since I don't really play games or do Photoshop, I don't really need 2GB.

but why does a divider bother you..given the results from Angry and Zebo

I have Venice [email protected]:250memory..I got lucky but if I had to user lower divider I owuld have...when using the OCZ PC3200 Gold 2-2-2-5-1t...at 200mhz ..I saw no real adv to tight timings for $70 I got 2gb (crucial valuram $220) vs 1gb ($150)

I figured more ram can never hurt....

Hmm..I see you have OCZ PC3200 Gold just use the divider and do not waste any money you should be fine....