Almost A Virus, But Not Quite...

Ghost2520

Errrr... to make a long story short, you know how a few years back people always talked about those viruses that, as soon as you opened an email, it would take all of the addresses in your address book and send a file to all of those people... what if I wanted to make one of these but not a virus, perfectly harmless(for the computers at least). Like if I sent an email to Bob, and I had a hidden attachment, which was a picture of a cow. Can I make it so that Bob can't see the cow, but it sends the picture of the cow to everyone in his address book? It wouldn't really be a virus, but just a way to send a picture to everyone in their address book without them knowing... Can I somehow do this with Visual Basic 6? (I'm starting to learn that) Thanks...

Technically speaking, a virus is any code that replicates itself, so unless it makes a copy of itself that isn't a virus (again..technically speaking) Ghost, I suggest you learn the basics of VB (or any programming language) before you try to delve into deeper avenues...

Most of the email viruses used JavaScript to launch code once the email was opened. Since then, most email programs will no longer allow java/javascript (or even HTML) to be run by default. Even then, you'd have to outsmart the anti virus software that looks for malicious code in emails.