nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

Overall, this kit is great. $228 shipped from TankGuys, very easy to stick in and get great results. OPB has a review at Xtreme Systems, has A64Info shots of timings, they all worked for my rig too, but due to the 9x divider on my Opty and the way memory dividers fall, I can't max the CPU speed and memory speed at the same time, but they did slightly increase my Everest scores, and tightened timings considerably over SPD. Everest scores around 7100-7300 depending on CPU speed are very easy. The only problem I had was when I initially built my rig, I didn't follow the build guide, and had problems until I booted with a single stick and adjusted memory settings. The Expert and 2 sticks does not play well with a virgin BIOS. Other than that, they scream!

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find a review at http://www.xtremesystems.com/

I decided to buy a set and would like the A64Info screen shots.

I have an Opty 165 on the way too. :) Should I install both at the same time or in a certain order?

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you guys think about the following DDR2 rams? Do you know what IC they are using? I am planning to buy one of them. Please advice....

A.) OCZ2N900SR2GK

B.) TWIN2X2048-8500C5D ver1.2 Dominator

C.) OCZ XTC Platinum DDR2-800 Rev.1 2GB kit (Not sure what product code)

D.) F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

E.) Team Xtreem PC6400 DDR2 800MHz 2GB Kit

Sharp Happy New Year!!

A.) OCZ2N900SR2GK..................................CAN$ 400 (Other forum)

B.) TWIN2X2048-8500C5D ver1.2 Dominator...CAN$ 500 + 14% tax (Tiger Direct)

C.) OCZ2P8002GK......................................CAN$ 270 + 14% tax (Online store)

D.) F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ.............................CAN$ 370 + 14% tax (Online store)

E.) TXDD2048M800HC4DC............................CAN$ 350 + 14% tax (Online store)

Thx!.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Glad to see this amazing forum back up.. :)

I am looking to upgrade my memory.. Current 1 GB dual Geil Ultra's performing well but going to go 2GB

Thought I may as well post this link to some other guys still selling the OCZ 2GB sticks for our fellow UK OC'ers.

www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk

Maybe of use may not! I think these guys are linked to memoryc.com.

Any better suggestions than these???

What are the chances that if I get a second set of Geil Utra that I will still get my deccent OC with 4 Sticks. I have tested the current Sticks I have in the orange slots and they seem to work fine.

• 2 months later...

I have to choose one of these...screenshot1eg4.th.gif

I definitely want to o/c my opti ;)

Now I only did this: 416.gif

I can't find info for all sticks and I don't want to buy sth very expensive. That's why a pc3200 option may be good also. But the Patriot sticks have good price!

G.Skill: Infineon CE-6

Geil... ??

OCZ special ops... ??

OCZ perf... ??

Team... ??

Patriot: Samsung UCCC (http://www.overclockersonline.net/index.ph...&num=379&pnum=5)

{EDIT}: So I think I'm gonna go for the patriot, as it's the same with OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB or G.Skill!!