nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should also mention in the guide to stay away from anything Hynix, no matter what the specs...

yes very good advice :nod: But sometimes ya got to make good with what ya got :nod:i was told they was a different Ver till i got them they was suppose to be Ver 3.1 tccc

yes very good advice :nod: But sometimes ya got to make good with what ya got :nod:i was told they was a different Ver till i got them they was suppose to be Ver 3.1 tccc

Well since this is a recommendations for buying thread it's not really relevant. I agree if you do have Hynix, it'll be helpful to find the way to get the most out of them but when it comes to recommendations, one thing that is clear is stay a way from anything Hynix. Unfortunetely, this also means you have to be careful with some manufacturers if you don't have the part number because they also have Hynix variants and if you get a Hynix variant, you aren't even guaranteed to reach the rated timings and speed on a DFI AMD board.

Have a look at this link,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23876

High HTT with a divider and memory @250 2-2-2-5 would be very fast.

But you must keep the memory cool, for this I would recommend any UTT CH-5 module.

OCZ gold PC3200 VX or PC4000 VX

The OCZ platinum REV2 will clock high if you want 1:1 or the GEIL one TCCD.

Well i saw in list catalog that OCZ PC 4800 1G(2x512)600 MHZ was included.But for this memory have been reffered som probs.Has anyone of all of you used this memory 7 work through without probs.Is it good for overclockin.I count in all experts help coz i intent to buy this memeory & i cant afford(economically) any unstable results which will make me to replace thet mem.

Thanx In Advance

Hi, where can a i find a decent and cheap ram in www.amazon.com?

Tigerdirect have the GEIL Ultra but it sucks, 65$ ok, +5$ of shipping + TAX ¬_¬ total= 80$, too much for me :(

But it looks for me like the only way for my mobile 2600+ to have a decent OC.

If you find something better than that GEIL ultra in amazon, please tell me.

Thanks!

Well i saw in list catalog that OCZ PC 4800 1G(2x512)600 MHZ was included.But for this memory have been reffered som probs.

Where did you hear about problems? Can you be more specific as to what model exactly you are referring to, e.g. link to it?